Avoiding traffic is more important than city

mancityvstoke said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
When the Kippax was all standing, people used to stream out of there well before the final whistle, especially if the result was a foregone conclusion. It just wasn't as obvious because of the absence of seating. It's always happened.

Once again City fans letting their sense of nostalgia cloud their memories - and therefore judgement.

Next we'll have someone starting a thread saying how much they miss the Greenall Whitley's bitter they used to serve at Maine Road.

or if we were getting hammered by the likes of Utd or Spurs to wait outside........to wish the away fans a safe trip home.

You really wouldn't be whinging like bitches about people leaving early in them days

Ha ha yes!Remember the songs.....''It's time for you to run,it's time for you to run,it's time for you to run....so fuck off!!'' Sung 5 minutes before the end.

Or...''You'll never make the station!''

paulchapo said:
mancityvstoke said:
When the Kippax was all standing, people used to stream out of there well before the final whistle, especially if the result was a foregone conclusion. It just wasn't as obvious because of the absence of seating. It's always happened.

Once again City fans letting their sense of nostalgia cloud their memories - and therefore judgement.

Next we'll have someone starting a thread saying how much they miss the Greenall Whitley's bitter they used to serve at Maine Road.

or if we were getting hammered by the likes of Utd or Spurs to wait outside........to wish the away fans a safe trip home.

You really wouldn't be whinging like bitches about people leaving early in them days

Ha ha yes!Remember the songs.....''It's time for you to run,it's time for you to run,it's time for you to run....so fuck off!!'' Sung 5 minutes before the end.

Or...''You'' never make the station!''

you're going home by fucking ambulance

mancityvstoke said:
paulchapo said:
mancityvstoke said:

Better stop now mate before the lectures start about sad old hooligans,lol!

paulchapo said:
mancityvstoke said:
paulchapo said:

Better stop now mate before the lectures start about sad old hooligans,lol!

more whining you mean

I don't and never will leave a game early but I will say something about City that really bugs me time and time again.

If we have got a decent lead we have a tendency to stop playing. Now don't get me wrong we pass the ball and keep it but we never go looking for more. We don't entertain after a certain point in games and it must push a fair few into leaving earlier knowing that in all likeliness we won't do much else.

Take Saturday as example. Yaya bags the 4th in the 70th minute and afterwards we had only one other attempt of note in Sinclairs effort.

Don't get me wrong though there has been other times when the game is on edge where seats have emptied with 10 minutes to go like Reading at home but i take great pleasure in the fact that the part timers miss big moments ;)

At the other end of the spectrum when I was a kid in 1963 City were playing Burnley in the first division, and the 53 bus from Belle Vue was running late. I ran all the way down Great Western Street, and just as I was making my way up the steps to the Kippax there was a massive roar. I said to a steward "What's up, have they scored?"

He replied "Neigh lad, pies have come".......

ColinBellsjockstrap said:
At the other end of the spectrum when I was a kid in 1963 City were playing Burnley in the first division, and the 53 bus from Belle Vue was running late. I ran all the way down Great Western Street, and just as I was making my way up the steps to the Kippax there was a massive roar. I said to a steward "What's up, have they scored?"

He replied "Neigh lad, pies have come".......
My dad's been cracking that joke to me since 1977 whenever a cheer goes up at a football match.

And I though he only used his own material.

mancityvstoke said:

you twxt i cant get that " oh i wish i was in greenall whitely land " song out of my head now

TGR said:
Fuck me. This place is just of JCL's! They have been supporting us since the takeover and think they can dictate when a paying spectator decides to leave the stadium... FFS!

I've had a season ticket since I was 2 years old. The first game I went to was port vale at home and we lost 1-0.
I am not a 'JCL'

bluemc1 said:
mancityvstoke said:

you twxt i cant get that " oh i wish i was in greenall whitely land " song out of my head now
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-IY78Lid6U[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.