Avoiding traffic is more important than city

Santiago Street . said:
Unbelievably sanctimonious claptrap on here from self appointed arbiters of what constitutes a supportive fan

Lunatic conclusions drawn about City fans leaving earlier than other supporters based on 1 or 2 games they noticed this at and the old fallback " i saw it on the telly"

It's always happened and it always will and it always happens in direct proportion to what is at stake in that particular game and the likelihood of a result changing goal in that game.

So you haven't spotted an increasing tendency of fans to leave games early, you've just (as earlier posters have said) found a way to justify to yourself your belief that only you and those with identical behaviour patterns are "real" or "true" (or whatever bullshit adjective you choose) City fans.

Get over yourselves
No.

When the Kippax was all standing, people used to stream out of there well before the final whistle, especially if the result was a foregone conclusion. It just wasn't as obvious because of the absence of seating. It's always happened.

Once again City fans letting their sense of nostalgia cloud their memories - and therefore judgement.

Next we'll have someone starting a thread saying how much they miss the Greenall Whitley's bitter they used to serve at Maine Road.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
When the Kippax was all standing, people used to stream out of there well before the final whistle, especially if the result was a foregone conclusion. It just wasn't as obvious because of the absence of seating. It's always happened.

Once again City fans letting their sense of nostalgia cloud their memories - and therefore judgement.

Next we'll have someone starting a thread saying how much they miss the Greenall Whitley's bitter they used to serve at Maine Road.

I wonder whatever happened to Greenhalls bitter?I remember the adds,''You're in Greenhall Whitley land!''......Same with Watneys red barrel...''Roll out the barrel!!''

paulchapo said:

I wonder whatever happened to Greenhalls bitter?I remember the adds,''You're in Greenhall Whitley land!''......Same with Watneys red barrel...''Roll out the barrel!!''
I've changed my location in memory of Greenall's Bitter, although in truth, it was utter piss. They also destroyed a couple of good beers in Davenport's and Shipstone's when they took them over. The 70's & 80's were desperately bad decades for beer drinkers.

They stopped brewing around 1990 iirc to concentrate on running their pubs and hotels. I think Allied Breweries (now Carlsberg) took over the brewing of the Grenall's brands at that time, but they soon wound the brands down. Can't really blame them tbh.

paulchapo said:

Watneys always reminds me of
" And then some adenoidal typists from Birmingham with diarrhoea and flabby white legs and hairy bandy-legged wop waiters called Manuel, and then, once a week there's an excursion to the local Roman ruins where you can buy cherryade and melted ice cream and bleedin' Watney's Red Barrel, and one night they take you to a local restaurant with local colour and colouring and they show you there and you sit next to a party of people from Rhyl who keeps singing 'Torremolinos, Torremolinos' and complaining about the food - 'Oh! It's so greasy isn't it?' and then you get cornered by some drunken greengrocer from Luton with an Instamatic and Dr Scholl sandals and last Tuesday's 'Daily Express' and he drones on and on and on about how Mr. Smith should be running this country and how many languages Enoch Powell can speak and then he throws up all over the Cuba Libres."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz2LaJOVAiA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

paulchapo said:

I've changed my location in memory of Greenall's Bitter, although in truth, it was utter piss. They also destroyed a couple of good beers in Davenport's and Shipstone's when they took them over. The 70's & 80's were desperately bad decades for beer drinkers.

They stopped brewing around 1990 iirc to concentrate on running their pubs and hotels. I think Allied Breweries (now Carlsberg) took over the brewing of the Grenall's brands at that time, but they soon wound the brands down. Can't really blame them tbh.

Yes it was shit beer but being young and daft at the time i would drink anything,lol!

paulchapo said:
paulchapo said:

Yes it was shit beer but being young and daft at the time i would drink anything,lol!

You wouldn`t drink the piss that was Grunalle Lager !!!!

Back on topic - the really fucking irritating thing is when your view is blocked by the early leavers or when you have to move or stand up for them. Damned inconsiderate.

or if we were getting hammered by the likes of Utd or Spurs to wait outside........to wish the away fans a safe trip home.

You really wouldn't be whinging like bitches about people leaving early in them days

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.