Away fans can not be moved to where 111 is

Re: away fans can not be moved to where 111 is!!!!!

GazC said:
Skashion said:
Yep, we definitely got to be considerate to ALL those people in 108. Can we please have the opinions of 108ers. Now, I anticipate a rush of 108ers who'll want to express their views. I know 108 is a very vocal block so please form an orderly queue...

I'll find this mythical block one day.
It's like Platform 9 3/4 in Harry Potter.

Whitefield Blue said:
Why Always Ste said:
I just feel the simpler solution is to move the Singing Section to the other side, around 140..

* These tickets sell the slowest in the stadium.
* Being far away from away fans, this will enable songs to travel easier without being "broken up"

And Finally:

Limit the amount of Atmosphere-Hangers On... People who just want to be near this atmosphere yet don't contribute anything to it.

People who genuinely will sing all game should be deserving of this area

But most of those in the singing section moved there BECAUSE it was next to the away fans. They need the gratification of flicking the Vs at opposing fans when City score or just to abuse them generally. This is 'atmosphere' apparently.

The only reason 'operation one end' didn't work is because they didn't want it to work. They're not there to cheer for City or sing songs about City but to chant about fat people in the away section.

Disclaimer: I am generalising (but probably not too far off the truth).

You may be generalising and they may not want to acknowledge it -

BUT it is the Truth.

Our vocal section should be 101-111!

swedishcityfan said:
Didn't City moved the Bayern Munich fans during the home game last year?

Yes but people said it didn't help because you want to banter with other fans to get it going

law74 said:
I cant really understand why we should give the best seats in the ground to the away fans.
Because the people in EL3 contribute nothing to the atmosphere and we need more room for standers and singers in the first tier.

Skashion said:
law74 said:
I cant really understand why we should give the best seats in the ground to the away fans.
Because the people in EL3 contribute nothing to the atmosphere and we need more room for standers and singers in the first tier.

So moving those that currently enjoy sitting in the best seats in the ground but do so quietly, to the middle of the more boisterous areas, despite the fact that some of them cant stand for long, is going to "improve" the atmosphere?

law74 said:
Skashion said:
law74 said:

So moving those that currently enjoy sitting in the best seats in the ground but do so quietly, to the middle of the more boisterous areas, despite the fact that some of them cant stand for long, is going to "improve" the atmosphere?

law74 is spot on.

We had this debate last season and moving the away fans to EL3 didn't work. Anyway, to say that EL3 fans don't contribute anything to the atmosphere is incorrect. There's plenty of atmosphere in the part of EL3 area where I sit.

I had to move to EL2 for the Bayern game last season and also the Reading FAC game the season before. On each occasion if anything I found it less atmospheric there than in EL3. Every part of the stadium has it's quiet fans -even the SS on some occasions.

This issue will never be solved until the ground has increased capacity with a purpose built section for Away fans. I believe that the Club recognise this so why don't we just leave it that ?

Im pretty sure that the main reason the police wont allow the fans to be moved is not becuase of what is inside the stadium but what is outside the stadium.

Having the away fans where they are makes it easy for the police to contain them when they enter and leave the ground. It feeds directly into the coach park and gives them plenty of space for searches etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.