Away Fans In Home Stands

I Moved last year from CB1 To CB 3 And this year have had for Company (not Vinnie) behind me Dortmund,Ajax-again no probs BUT Imagine we draw Napoli again next year,could you imagine having those pricks behind me? Cant understand Stewards (Fletcher etc)letting this happen

I think a distinction needs to be made here.

The vast, vast majority of the numpties at the match last night that weren't proper blues were most certainly not proper Madrid fans either. And the way they act at a game is a complete give away.

They were fuckwits who might think they are Madrid fans but only convince themselves that they are because they say so on the internet and buy a bit of merchandise. They know about as much about following a football club as I do about supporting a Morris Dancing troupe.

Personally, I would rather be surrounded by a load of proper Madrid fans, looking moody. At least they would either be chucked out for being dicks or you would be able to have a chat with them on the level of two sets of fans, used to supporting their clubs, mulling over the shared experiences of a football fan.

Most of the tossers that were there last night wearing Madrid stuff, half and half scarfs or snapping their cameras every two seconds might tell you that they are massive Madrid fans but you'd probably find that genuine Madrid fans, with links to the place, are embarrassed by them and view them like we view some of the wankers that fill Old Trafford.

pete1970 said:
I Moved last year from CB1 To CB 3 And this year have had for Company (not Vinnie) behind me Dortmund,Ajax-again no probs BUT Imagine we draw Napoli again next year,could you imagine having those pricks behind me? Cant understand Stewards (Fletcher etc)letting this happen
Fletcher is too busy chucking our own fans out to worry about that

See below Email from MCFC, sent 9th Oct, regarding Away supporters for UEFA Champions League Games.

Dear Supporter,

As you may be aware, in all European competitions the Club is required by UEFA to provide up to 200 best available ‘Category 1’ seats to the visiting club for corporate supporters, sponsors and player guests. This agreement is reciprocated when we travel abroad. By UEFA rules, these tickets should be located between the half-way line and the 18 yard box.

Following last week’s match against Borussia Dortmund, we have reviewed the location of these seats.

For the two remaining UEFA Champions League Group Stage home matches, the visiting supporters will be allocated seats in the lower section of Block 223, below the wheelchair bays. Whilst there are home supporters behind these rows, this is segregated by a wall. A number of stewards will be located on the end of the rows of blocks 222 and 225 to provide further segregation.

What does this mean for you?
· All supporters on the UEFA Competition Cup Scheme located in Block 222 will be allocated their usual seat for these two matches with the exception of supporters on the UEFA Competition Cup Scheme who sit in Rows A to G (seats 635-636) who will be allocated the closest available seat. These will not be sold to any supporter, as they will be used to improve the segregation line.

· Supporters on the UEFA Competition Cup Scheme located in Block 223, Rows A to F (seats 641-668), will be re-located in to the best available seats within Block 222.

· Disabled supporters in Block 223, Row H who are on the UEFA Competition Cup Scheme, will be relocated to wheelchair bays in Block 228.

There will also be a greater presence of security and stewarding for these two matches, both in the stand and on the concourse.
We appreciate this may not be the match day experience you are looking for. If this is the case, once you have received your seat confirmation, we would be more than happy to discuss alternative seat options (subject to availability). Please contact a member of the Supporter Services team on 0161 444 1894 (option 1, then option 3) who will be happy to help.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your continued support.

Me and my son sat in the 2nd tier in madrid below the city fans, not a chance of us keeping quite. No problems with spanish, they were a quiet lot..

It would be a bit hypocritical to complain about away fans in our stands when I would guess the vast majority of us have been in the home end for a city away game at some time or another.
Only thing I've really noticed is that I don't recognise many people around me unlike league matches when it's always the same faces.Last night was like standing in the Trafford centre

bugsyblue said:
My Spanish friend was the travel coordinator for Madrid and she was with quite a large Spanish contingent, all complimentary tickets, and I am sure from the photos she sent me they would have been around 132. I will try and post them on here, she's got some cool ones during the press conference with Mourinho too.

I presume it has to do with our relatively small exec seating area, and so the higher number of complimentary tickets that are given out for champs league games can't always be seated there. But that's just a guess.

cant believe that - my seat in EL2 is always taken by UEFA and I get relocated; also why are there so many spaces in the directors box, stick em in there

gang of polish lads in madrid tops sat behind me in ss level2,before the game in some season ticket holders seats,they didn't want to move when the regulars showed up and it looked like it might kick off till a steward got involved and moved them on

Have no problem with them as long as they behave ,as most fans at some time will do it if means getting in to a game ,as long as it doesn't mean a City fan misses out?
As for this tourist fan issue i would rather see someone in a seat supporting City than an empty seat as its money for the club?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.