Away Form

I don't think we really looked like scoring in open play against villa yesterday, way too predictable, down the flank and bombing balls into the box with their back 3 heading clear...if that was at home we would have won by 6 or 7 but so frustrating away. we need to be more direct, apart from yaya cant recall too many shots on target.

adelaideblue said:
I don't think we really looked like scoring in open play against villa yesterday, way too predictable, down the flank and bombing balls into the box with their back 3 heading clear...if that was at home we would have won by 6 or 7 but so frustrating away. we need to be more direct, apart from yaya cant recall too many shots on target.

It's the shocking defending that is killing us , three goals in twenty second half minutes against meagre opposition.

Last season two goals away from home would have been enough to win these games.

BillyShears said:
Ducado said:
It's quite plain to see that it's a problem, however I did see some promising signs today

It's something that I am sure the club realises and will work on a solution, I think the attitude has more to do with it than anything else, the smaller teams will fight like hell, we have got to adopt the same attitude

Did you really think the attitude was wrong today? We were literally all over Villa from minute one. I liken today to the Sunderland away game from two season ago. Same performance, same result.

It's so difficult to fathom that we didn't take three points today, let alone coming away with nothing.

Whilst that may be the case Billy, the more telling aspect of the game is that once Villa levelled for 2-2, it was utterly predictable that they would be the side to go on to win it. We have been fundamentally flawed away from home for a long time. Under Mancini a lack of width and pace in midfield saw us struggle repeatedly against any side prepared to press us, and under Pellers it's (as far as I'm concerned) 4-4-2 and continuing to push forward once we've got our noses in front. Arsenal are showing the way on the road. 11 away wins on the trot, they score, and then they sit back and launch stinging counters. The rags have done the same for years.
Irrespective of whether we were unlucky yesterday, and we unquestionably were (an offside goal and a dubious free kick), no away side playing like we have done, leading 3 times in games against substandard opposition yet contriving to wind up with nothing, is gonna get near winning the title. I would take a top 4 finish this season like a shot

Exeter Blue I am here said:
BillyShears said:
Ducado said:
It's quite plain to see that it's a problem, however I did see some promising signs today

It's something that I am sure the club realises and will work on a solution, I think the attitude has more to do with it than anything else, the smaller teams will fight like hell, we have got to adopt the same attitude

Did you really think the attitude was wrong today? We were literally all over Villa from minute one. I liken today to the Sunderland away game from two season ago. Same performance, same result.

It's so difficult to fathom that we didn't take three points today, let alone coming away with nothing.

Whilst that may be the case Billy, the more telling aspect of the game is that once Villa levelled for 2-2, it was utterly predictable that they would be the side to go on to win it. We have been fundamentally flawed away from home for a long time. Under Mancini a lack of width and pace in midfield saw us struggle repeatedly against any side prepared to press us, and under Pellers it's (as far as I'm concerned) 4-4-2 and continuing to push forward once we've got our noses in front. Arsenal are showing the way on the road. 11 away wins on the trot, they score, and then they sit back and launch stinging counters. The rags have done the same for years.
Irrespective of whether we were unlucky yesterday, and we unquestionably were (an offside goal and a dubious free kick), no away side playing like we have done, leading 3 times in games against substandard opposition yet contriving to wind up with nothing, is gonna get near winning the title. I would take a top 4 finish this season like a shot

Playing like we have for the first three games away from home top four would be a bonus.

You wonder whether we have the mettle to play out 90 minutes without pressing the self explode button.

mancity1 said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
BillyShears said:

Playing like we have for the first three games away from home top four would be a bonus.

You wonder whether we have the mettle to play out 90 minutes without pressing the self explode button.

The frustration is that I think we are a better side than any of our rivals, but what Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool in particular have done, is slowly perfected the rag art of knocking over every side below 6th place on their travels. They have systems and pacy, inventive attacking players to facilitate that art, whereas you could bet that we will continue to fritter points away on the road with gay abandon, and win money on a regular basis. If we don't sort it out, we won't finish top 4, it's that simple. The fact that the rags might miss out as well, would be of scant consolation

People need to calm down, we're in a period of transition and it's not like we're getting hammered away. We won our hardest away game 3-0.

It's clear that the owners have told Pellegrini to focus on the CL at all costs, which I think is risky as it's a cup competition, but we just have to put up with it. I still think we can win the league easily. Imagine we had a mini-league with us, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs & Rags - we would piss it.

You can't argue with those stats.

They show just how shit away from home we have become.

We may have been unlucky yesterday not scoring more but there was nothing unlucky about those shitting 2nd and 3rd goals we conceeded.

We go from one extreme to another almost weekly.

We probably now need to win at least 8 of our next 16 away games and these include the other so called bigger sides.

West ham has become absolute must win but with Moscow away in the week following, more of the same wouldn't surprise me.

Johnsonontheleft said:
People need to calm down, we're in a period of transition and it's not like we're getting hammered away. We won our hardest away game 3-0.

It's clear that the owners have told Pellegrini to focus on the CL at all costs, which I think is risky as it's a cup competition, but we just have to put up with it. I still think we can win the league easily. Imagine we had a mini-league with us, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs & Rags - we would piss it.

That's the part that worries me, i have no real idea if true but if it is then as you say, it's a risky game to be playing. The league should always be our main target and the CL just the icing on the cake.
I can't imagine any City fan being happy with 3rd or 4th in the league but with a decent run in the CL, winning titles should matter more than just having a good run in the CL.

MillionDollarDream said:
Matt.D said:
We are shocking away from home.

Pellagrini handed that to Villa through fucking nonsense selection & decisions. It is plain to see that Negredo and Dzeko cannot play together they are too similar. Jovetic should of started with one of them. Navas on the bench resting for champions league even. Nasri running the game an gets subbed at 2-1 to keep him fresh for Wednesday. When our away form is the way it is he should of learned by now to play his best team. Instead he is prioritising a competition that we have no chance of winning. He did it at Stoke and he's done it again today.

Yes villa had 3 attacks and scored 3 goals. But it was obvious the players were lacking killer instinct in the final Third all game. We relied on set pieces for our goals. If you don't kill it off in the premiership away from home your in massive trouble. And if you play well and don't win regularly away from home then your not going to win the league.

The scum should be out of sight, instead they are 3 points behind. If Arsenal win tonight they are 5 clear of us with stupidly easy fixtures in the next 6. Atrocious from the manager.

If I recall, Villa beat Arsenal as well and so what if they have Ozil now. City and us fans have to stop slagging of teams who aren't fielding a bunch of top talent as "easy fixtures" there are no easy fixtures.
This would be a good point if you ignore that both Benteke and Agbonlahor were out for us

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.