Away from home after every Champions League game

trotsky said:
Don't be so negative.
All our home games before look straight forward and of low interest to TV so probably will be played on Saturday ( with a chance to rest key players). Our away trips afterwards look interesting so likely to be on Sunday, giving us 4 or 5 days to recover.
Plus half the Chumps fixtures we'll be at home.

The fixtures are as good as they could be

Is this before or after Sky fooks them up?

bluesmith said:
As the title says we play away from home the game after our champions league games for all 6 group games. Not good news.
OR... all our Prem games before a CL game are at home.

Do you think barca were worrying about this before they dominated the league and humiliated the rags in the CL? I think not. Let's stop worrying and go and do the double!!....
Treble I mean :)

Being a bit sad I've just worked out what the difference was last season of playing away after a champions league game.

The top 4 got 13 points out of 36 in the away games
The top 4 got 31 points out of 36 in the Home games

It worked out that with away games, teams dropped about 2.5 points on the season average and if playing a home game they actually gain 2.5 points on the season average, So if that trend follows united will gain 5 points on us. effectively a 10 point swing if we'd got the home games and them away. That could well be the difference between winning the league and not.

It is clearly a benefit to be at home after a champions league game.

bluesmith said:
Being a bit sad I've just worked out what the difference was last season of playing away after a champions league game.

It worked out that with away games, teams dropped about 2.5 points on the season average and if playing a home game they actually gain 2.5 points on the season average, So if that trend follows united will gain 5 points on us. effectively a 10 point swing if we'd got the home games and them away. That could well be the difference between winning the league and not.

Thinking a bit too hard there?

jjeangi said:
bluesmith said:

Thinking a bit too hard there?
Its hardly difficult.
Facts are facts. If Chelsea had played at home after all 6 group games and united away, and carried on the result trends they would have won the league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.