Away from home after every Champions League game

With the impending summer spending I don't think it will matter. Also, everybody is assuming City will have the toughest possible CL draw but never even consider they could get a favorable one. They'll have rested players ready for all of their games.

Just keep reminding yourself that City will be one of the top three or four teams in Europe and that it won't matter who they put in front of them.

phuzion said:
Thats one way to look at it, another would be to say our CL games are also on the back end of home games. Home games that we should be winning:

Wigan
Everton
Villa
Wolves
Newcastle
Norwich

So the boys should be confident and spirits hopefully high, resulting in hopefully last 16 of the CL at least...I know Id rather play Barca on the back of smahing Norwich 4-0 than losing away to Chelsea...

This ... I was just gonna post the same thing (pretty much).

Am I the only one who thinks this is a good thing? It works rather brilliantly in our favour for a few reasons.

1) Think of the alternative! Say we played Bolton at home after a CL game instead. That's 3 points you would normally put your house on us getting at any other time, but now it's after a game in Europe we'd be much more prone to dropping the points. United away, on the other hand, how many of you would expect us to get 3 points there anyway? I don't. If we get anything from that game it can only be seen as a bonus. It's surely better that we're disadvantaged in difficult games so then we're not dropping points in games we should win.

2) The very REASON that teams don't win as many games after playing Europe is because the players can be tired and unmotivated. You play AC Milan on Wednesday and then have the underwhelming prospect of playing Wigan at home on the Saturday. The fact we are playing games like Man United away straight after means that the players, although tired, wont need much in the way of motivation. They will be up for a game like that no matter when it's played.

Conspiracy? Really? Come on.

ono said:
To be fair, 3 of those away games are against teams we're unlikely to beat anyway. Just saying.

I agree, with us having to play this so called "difficult game" after playing in CL midweek, I'd much rather it be away (and in 3 cases to teams where we wouldn't be surprised if we lost/drew) than slip up against a lesser team at home where we'd get slated for it!…home that made sense, I've just gone dizzy reading that back!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.