Away Games - your memories

Trigger

Seeking out RAGS and then putting them out of thei
Are their any fans on here who have NOT been to watch City at an away game?

If not you should try and make the effort, to me the whole matchday experience is so much more enjoyable than home matches.

My favourite 3 games for differing reasons:

Shrewsbury away - p*ssed down all game, shite match but up pops Trevor Morley to score in the 88th minute for 1-0 victory ;)

QPR away - two sent off yet we hold on to win 2-1, used to enjoy their tiny stadium and The Springbok pub next door!

Omonia away - Europa league, met a few off here and got a b*llocking off the missus after telling her I would be away for two days, but spent 5 days in Cyprus ;)

Oh Happy days, my next one the Hammers, can't bloody wait.

Re: Away Games

yeh my first away game was sunderand this year as it is close to home.

thoroughly enjoyed even though my legs were aching after it as you stand

love the feeling that you are wearing your city shirt through loads of home fans.

i shall be going to sunderland and newcastle away next season definitley and maybe a few more

Trigger said:
Are their any fans on here who have NOT been to watch City at an away game?

If not you should try and make the effort, to me the whole matchday experience is so much more enjoyable than home matches.

My favourite 3 games for differing reasons:

Shrewsbury away - p*ssed down all game, shite match but up pops Trevor Morley to score in the 88th minute for 1-0 victory ;)

QPR away - two sent off yet we hold on to win 2-1, used to enjoy their tiny stadium and Te Sprinbok pub next door!

Omonia away - Europa league, met a few off here and got a b*llocking off the missus after telling her I would be away for two days, but spent 5 days in Cyprus ;)

Oh Happy days, my next one the Hammers, can't bloody wait.

Ha ha, I remember that Shrewsbury match well - the rain turned to heavy snow at full time and I had to drive back to Sheffield by a much longer route to avoid the Pennine roads.

QPR was always a favourite away trip, wish they'd get back in the Prem instead of some of the shit we've got at the mo.

I attended practically every away game from 1970 (ish) ... to the mid nineties

and it wasn't easy with hooligans runnin' amok everywhere , i can tell you ....... and i was at the Swamp back in 1974 when Law scored that backheel too.

Sadly these days i can only make the home games ..... plus the odd away , if it's on the 'doorstep'.

kippaxwarrior said:
Barnsley away 31.10.2001
3-nil up after 30mins
6000 city fans singing
"You should of gone trick or treating!!" to the barnsley fans
Brilliant night but my god Oakwell is a shithole

You should have been on our nightmare trip to Halifax in 1980 (ish) ........

i think i was stood in cowdung or horseshit for ninety minutes!

black mamba said:
kippaxwarrior said:
Barnsley away 31.10.2001
3-nil up after 30mins
6000 city fans singing
"You should of gone trick or treating!!" to the barnsley fans
Brilliant night but my god Oakwell is a shithole

That was the one when we got beat in the fa cup?
i was only 5 but my dad went

my first away was as a six-year old at the old Bloomfield Rd, Blackpool in around 98/99. It was still a terrace back then and the ground was an absolute shithole. i can remember at one stage there was a big fat copper patrolling pitchside infront of us blues and everyone burst into "who ate all the pies" and this copper was crying with laughter and turned beetroot, using his hanky to mop the sweat from his brow etc... quality

kippaxwarrior said:
black mamba said:

That was the one when we got beat in the fa cup?
i was only 5 but my dad went

Indeed it was !

And it was quite an experience ....... Big Mal was that disgusted with our performance that he slung his Fedora on the ground , only for it stick firmly in the mud!

And as he went to retrieve it a barking police dog almost nipped him on the arse!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.