Away Games - your memories

Trigger said:
Are their any fans on here who have NOT been to watch City at an away game?

If not you should try and make the effort, to me the whole matchday experience is so much more enjoyable than home matches.

My favourite 3 games for differing reasons:

Shrewsbury away - p*ssed down all game, shite match but up pops Trevor Morley to score in the 88th minute for 1-0 victory ;)

QPR away - two sent off yet we hold on to win 2-1, used to enjoy their tiny stadium and The Springbok pub next door!

Omonia away - Europa league, met a few off here and got a b*llocking off the missus after telling her I would be away for two days, but spent 5 days in Cyprus ;)

Oh Happy days, my next one the Hammers, can't bloody wait.

That Shrews game was a nightmare. Couldn't see the motorway markings on the way back with all the snow. Three days earlier I was topless at Brighton in the open stand on the side and my banana popped with the heat from the sun.

Burnage Burnsy said:
Remember playing Ipswich away on a Sunday then Norwich on a Tuesday - loads of blues spent the Monday in Great Yarmouth - great few days.

Wednesday away when we took about 8,000 - Uwe Rosler was the loudest ever.

Stoke Boxing Day 1988 - 12,000 away fans in fancy dress.

Lincoln, York and Wycombe all away in League 2 season and lost all of them! :-( seems a lonmg way away now

I remember it well think it got sang for a full 45 mins non stop 1-1 was the final score, and wednesday fans were jumping for joy as they found out the Blades had been relegated.

AustinBlue said:
For some reason, the away game that looms biggest for me was the game at Notts County in about 86... if we'd won, we'd have been promoted and County were pretty crap... our fans were packed like sardines while only bout half the rest of the place was filled. We were singing hearts out throughout the pregame in the sunshine..... Fashnu (I think they just signed him) or whoever scored 3 in like the first 10 minutes and we were buried but we kept singing and singing... then at halftime the fence holding us in burst and we spilled onto pitch in good humour, only for the mounted police to be mobilized and it got reported like we were rioting. I had a cracking night out in Nottingham. We got promoted the next week or so. For some reason, that whole experience just sticks in my memory.

I've probably seen more away games than home games. I've always been really proud at the spirit and humour of our fans at away games. I could have done without the aggro in the early 80s.

I think this was 84/85 I remeber it quite well but not the game I never made it inside the ground..I knew a few lads from nottingham and made a weekend of it went on the friday stayed at one of theirs.Had a few drinks before the game and walked too the ground with them.As we got to the ground near the corner gate,got a bit of stick from some home fans just the usual wanker signs so gave a few back nothing major loads of police about.I arranged to meet mates after game and was about to walk round to get in but the police thought I'd be much happier in the back of a van.They said I was looking for trouble and removing me from the situation.Yeah right me taking on the whole home support.I was sat there for an age and even heard the first goal go in.Taken to police staion and they made me sit in the custody area till about 6 cautioned and let out,the custody officer kept telling me the score while I was there.Knew there was a bit of trouble must have gone off because as I was being let out a few city lads were being booked in for the night and I was having a bit of banter with them wishing them a happy stay winding them up how nottingham was a great night out.I apologise if that was anyone here.

Best has to be the 0-3 Wolves away win this season..

As my other 2 away games have been:
2-1 Fa Cup loss to Sheff Utd (The Balloon game..) :|
Wolves friendly away i think? Was a while ago, not sure whether we won or lost..

By no means my first away game, but one of the more memorable for all the wrong reasons was the first leg of the coca-cola cup against Barnet at a piss-wet Underhill around 94 or 95.

Stood in one of the open stands behind the goal, drenched to the bone as it rained stair-rods all evening and we ended up losing 0-1. Fortunately, we made amends in the second leg.

Re:

51kippax said:
Isle of Man - pre season tour 1994?

Great trip!
My dad is always telling me about this trip, he was asleep on the side of the pitch in one of the games with his brother in law who was an oldham fan

My favourite away game? Chelsea this season is up there, or newcastle when mpenza scored, but really they are all good days out, however you can't beat the european ones.

for me the best have been Omonia, Poland and i was just reminded of the isle of Man tour back in the 90's , You cant beat listening out for a taxi at 5 o'clock in the morning ready to take you to the airport for a couple of days of beer and city away from the wife and kids - magic!

I'm only 13 but Mpenza's goal at Newcastle. Quality!! Only 7 or 8 or whatever at the time, went up on this high-speed train, got there, then that climb up the stairs before jumping up and down singing in the concourse bar. Then walking up to our seats, on the very back row before scoring, and going mental. Dad fell over onto this old lady.
"Oh my god I'm so sorry, are you ok... I..I.."
"Fine? Fine? We've Fucking scored!!!!!"
Then in the first class carriage singing We Never Win at home with dozens of blues, and the train staff not being able to move us.

FA Cup at Preston, both Sheffields and the 2-1 win at Everton were class too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.