Away goals to be scrapped in the CL?

I'm not sure there's an alternative that won't have it's own problems.

I honestly liked how they did it in the League Cup previously, as much as everyone else didn't. Having an away goals rule solely after extra time compensates for the fact you have to play for longer at an away ground. Again it's not great, but like I said I'm not sure what is.
In the case of a tie, the team with the most 'istry goes through. Simples.

At last this hasn’t worked for years When first introduced it encouraged the away team to play more offensively Then it changed when it was realised that defend like mad and try a snatch an away goal. For the first leg home side a 0:0 was almost better than a 2:1 Like the poster above says it killed the second leg v the red scouse last season All goals should be equal

Good.

Never been fair as the team away second leg get an extra half an hour to get an away goal than the home team does if it goes to Extra Time.

I think it’s a good move. Seen too many games spoiled by this rule.

It's going to favour the team who are at home 2nd even more than already happens

Get rid of away goal rule -> more chance of games finishing level -> more advert breaks in extra time -> more revenue for TV companies -> EUFA's product is worth more.

Reactions: mat

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.