Away goals to be scrapped in the CL?

Do you not remember european football before this rule? 1-0 was a thrashing.

I’m not sure if you’re being serious, but I don’t think there was European football before this rule.

As far as I am aware, it’s always been part of all European club competition.

I’m not sure if you’re being serious, but I don’t think there was European football before this rule.

As far as I am aware, it’s always been part of all European club competition.

European football existed before the rags won it!

I like the idea. It gets a bit ridiculous when teams have had a bad home leg and have conceded an early away goal and they need to score 3 (for example) to win the tie rather than equalise the aggregate score so hopefully it should keep second legs open for longer and make football a little bit simpler. The question is what’s gonna replace it. Extra time on partisan venues are obviously gonna favour the home team in the second leg. Maybe straight to penalties?

I think straight to pens makes sense, if you can't be separated over 180 minutes then penalties seems fairer than an extra half hour at a partisan ground.

From Wiki

The away goals rule was first applied in the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup when Budapest Honvéd beat Dukla Prague in the second round in 1965–66. It was introduced in the Fairs Cup in 1966–67, and in the European Cup in 1967–68 for the first round, 1968–69 for the second round, and 1970–71 for later rounds.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.