Away Support

Missed todays game unfortunately due to family issues. What was our away support like? We were magnificent at Fulham last season.

liamctid said:
I'm 23 almost 24 and have been going regularly away since I was 18.

I think it's got better over the past year or so. I wasn't there to witness the 'younger' fans in the 80's/90's, so I can only comment on recent years.

Without patting myself on the back too much, I think our supporters branch has done well to try and gather a lot of the younger hardcore together.

A lot of the younger, more vocal fans can only really afford to go to the local ones, hence why Blackburn, Wigan and Bolton are always big days out. It's the London games where we struggle because of the distance and price, but Spurs was good the other week and West Ham and Fulham were two of the better ones last season.

How I rate our away support... well, it's quite similar to our home support. Sometimes brilliant, but sometimes can do a lot better.

And so you know, it's not just a City thing. My best mate goes home and away with Chelsea and he is envious at me having so many friends in my generation. He wrote a blog about it recently if anyone fancies a read: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.chelseasupportersgroup.net/2011/09/is-the-long-term-character-of-chelseas-support-at-risk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.chelseasupportersgroup.net/2 ... t-at-risk/</a>

great article, could apply some of the ideas to city.

Mr Trebus said:
Missed todays game unfortunately due to family issues. What was our away support like? We were magnificent at Fulham last season.

Good. Lots of noise coming from the back and we all stood!

peoffrey said:
Mr Trebus said:

First time at Fulham for me and I was impressed with our support.what I really liked though was the Fulham set up.This nuetral end is the way forward,fans going to and from a match together with not a hint of trouble.Then add on tv screens showing the spurs game prematch.

lancs blue said:
spacecadet said:
Numbers are less than in the 80-90s due to cost and the pain in the arse of buying tickets.

We took more away when Pearce was in charge 5 years ago than we do now.

-- Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:49 pm --

lancs blue said:
spacecadet said:
Numbers are less than in the 80-90s due to cost and the pain in the arse of buying tickets.

We took more away when Pearce was in charge 5 years ago than we do now.

Hard times and a Tory Government. What does anyone expect?

peoffrey said:
Mr Trebus said:

Match of the day 2 must have edited it out then. All the clips they showed were played infront of a ;practically silent crowd, sounded absolutely abysmal. Have noticed them do this a few times now. Anyhow glad you enjoyed it, shame it wasn't 3 points though.

Watched the game online and the atmosphere was fantastic from us. Until the last 10 minutes it was non stop singing. London aways aren't really known for the great atmosphere but today was brilliant. Well done everyone who went. Keep it up!!

Mr Trebus said:
Bangin all day non stop.

((((((((((((((...we went up, oooohh it's nicky weaver wot a keeper wot a save))))))))))))))

bennyboy said:
peoffrey said:

First time at Fulham for me and I was impressed with our support.what I really liked though was the Fulham set up.This nuetral end is the way forward,fans going to and from a match together with not a hint of trouble.Then add on tv screens showing the spurs game prematch.

Fulham had a Neutral End because they've been unable to fill their ground without it. They rose through the divisions quite quickly and the Club doesn't have the hardcore support of QPR or Chelsea. Lots of competition in the area. It is a nice experience but I simply can't see it catching on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.