Away support

cleavers said:
I prefer to stand (home or away) but always make sure those behind are happy, and if they're not I'll sit. This argument about the atmosphere being better stood up is bollox anyway, how does sitting down stop you singing and chanting ? Its never stopped me.
I'm with you on the first point and that is why I moved at QPR and then moved my lad. I like to stand but will never do it stubbornly if people behind are sat.

But come on the, argument about the atmosphere being better when people stand is definitely true. It doesn't stop me singing when we have to sit but it does seem to discourage a lot of others. Just look at how how the atmosphere at grounds has changed since the move to all seater stadiums. It's usually the away fans that generate the noise and the home fans accused of "being in church". And the away fans (not just us) are usually stood up.

Lrrr said:
Until we get safe standing introduced this issue is not going to go away. The problem with safe standing is that clubs will prefer the seats due to being able to charge more. It's all very well people saying they will respect the wishes of those behind as to whether they sit or not, if the first few rows stand then the rest of the the stand will be stood so to increase their chanches of seeing the game. It's a shame as this issue will have put off blues who cannot/do not want to stand attending games.
I prefer to stand myself.

I prefer standing as well, but mate wanted to sit at QPR. Went on the front of the top deck and sat, I'll be standing at Liverpool, because you have to, don't you

Fuck all ya'll able sitters and standers ...i'll be levitatin above the Annie road end three weeks time buh' no doubt some moannie twats gonna start a thread bout it....

...bloody romans

the problem at football is that if the person in front of you stands up, you have to yourself. you can look behind and acknowledge the person behind but truth is you have to stand up. no one wants to be disrespectful to others but nor do you want to look at the back of someone's coat or try to watch the game through someone else's legs. it's not even about all seater stadia as on the terraces you could struggle to get a decent view. or sit on a crash barrier and get told to stand as someone else could not see.

My first away game was Preston in 1965. (Won 3 - 0. Neil Young got 2 and Ralph Brand the other). Since then I have experienced footballing joy but also much pain. Whilst I am happy to guardedly welcome the johnny come latelys, they will have to serve their apprenticeships before they can call themselves blues...... and that must include some pain!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.