Away support

jayfx said:
de niro said:
MrLeeC said:
But if i want to stand i will stand. I paid my money just like you have. If i want to stand and chant get behind the lads on the pitch then i can.

If you want to sit then thats your choice! If i want to stand i will stand my choice. I dont think im hard or billy big bollocks, i think i am a fan wanting to get behnd my team!

dont like it then move.

no you move, move to a different sport because football is played in all seater stadia, thats the law.

So is the fuckin opera!!!

Away games every blue should be on their feet. There'll be fans eating prawn sandwiches too soon for fuck sake.

There are people who refuse to sit when in front of wheel chairs.

Why are people so obsessed with standing that they ruin it for others and themselves a lot of the games?

Not everyone wants to stand just because it's an away game.

Some people can't stand for 90 minutes.

Our club should keep the first few rows free when selling away tickets for people who want to sit.

Amid all the sabre rattling between the sitters and standers, did anyone notice on that picture of Peter the Jacket Man a couple of pages back that he had a great big picture badge of Roger Palmer on his scarf? Kudos and old school respect to Pete, a true City character.

I enjoy standing at football for me its partly because, even these days, I feel very tense (definatly the case at qpr) and partly because I do think it helps with the atmosphere (motion creates emotion). However I do think as fans we should respect other as blues and also agree with de niro and interpreted his posts as requesting we use a bit of common sense. Have a look behind you. If the person behind is unable or finds it hard to stand for the entire game use a bit of common curteousy and either accommodate them or move towards the back. They have as much right to the game as us.

The lad I was stood next to at qpr did just that. He turned around, checked and stood when the guys behind said they planned on standing. No time lost and they were respecting each other. Easy

jayfx said:
de niro said:
MrLeeC said:
But if i want to stand i will stand. I paid my money just like you have. If i want to stand and chant get behind the lads on the pitch then i can.

If you want to sit then thats your choice! If i want to stand i will stand my choice. I dont think im hard or billy big bollocks, i think i am a fan wanting to get behnd my team!

dont like it then move.

no you move, move to a different sport because football is played in all seater stadia, thats the law.

So is the fuckin opera!!!

Away games every blue should be on their feet. There'll be fans eating prawn sandwiches too soon for fuck sake.

who says they should be on their feet, you? people who need/want a seat should be allowed one.

Everything in this world is built for people who are 5'4". I'm over a foot taller than that and unfortunately there aren't many football grounds where I can actually sit down. At some grounds it is actually impossible. So I don't sit as I'm unable to. If someone is behind me and needs to sit then there's not much I can do, I'm not sitting down, I can't, so you'd just have to lump it.

I would never want to sit down even if I was a miniman like everyone else on this island we live on (anyone notice that Brits are tiny compared to Poles and Germans?). Football isn't a sit and watch leisure activity, it's a standing up and getting involved with jumping about like a dick and singing all game leisure activity.

By the way, I don't think it's actually a law that you have to sit down just because there are seats in a football stadium like someone else has said. The law is that stadiums must have seats but I don't think the law actually states you have to sit, that's just something the clubs have put in.

I prefer to stand (home or away) but always make sure those behind are happy, and if they're not I'll sit. This argument about the atmosphere being better stood up is bollox anyway, how does sitting down stop you singing and chanting ? Its never stopped me.

'ere we go - I am from manchester gorton - lived in NI for 30 years and did more games from there than many blues who live down the road - I moved to Spain over 12months ago and said OK not as many games that did not work out as I am still going - what I do not get is why people have a problem as to where the blue comes from - he may or may not (or she) come from Manc - but what matters is the affinity with Manc - brother sister DAD MOTHER - grandparents etc etc - in my case twas my uncle who took me to Maine Rd as a five year old - so this season is number 51 - and I swore (to my wife) I would stop after 50 - you just can not stop is in yer blood its not a place thing - where you live - where you were born - its called being a blue - I could tell you lots of stories about being blue and how much effort I put in to attend games etc etc - but why should I that is what I EXPECT OF EVERY BLUE - regardless - do not care from whence you came or whence you go all I care about is are you TRUE blue if so welcome if not - WTF are you playing at - this is my club you are fecking around with so do one - LOVE CITY - LOVE OUR FANS - LOVE MY CLUB - PLEASE PLEASE WHOM EVER YOU ARE - DO NOT LET ME DOWN

roaminblue said:
I enjoy standing at football for me its partly because, even these days, I feel very tense (definatly the case at qpr) and partly because I do think it helps with the atmosphere (motion creates emotion). However I do think as fans we should respect other as blues and also agree with de niro and interpreted his posts as requesting we use a bit of common sense. Have a look behind you. If the person behind is unable or finds it hard to stand for the entire game use a bit of common curteousy and either accommodate them or move towards the back. They have as much right to the game as us.

The lad I was stood next to at qpr did just that. He turned around, checked and stood when the guys behind said they planned on standing. No time lost and they were respecting each other. Easy

bang on the money.

Until we get safe standing introduced this issue is not going to go away. The problem with safe standing is that clubs will prefer the seats due to being able to charge more. It's all very well people saying they will respect the wishes of those behind as to whether they sit or not, if the first few rows stand then the rest of the the stand will be stood so to increase their chanches of seeing the game. It's a shame as this issue will have put off blues who cannot/do not want to stand attending games.
I prefer to stand myself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.