Away support

I'm getting worried now. Moved to Manchester in '88 after childhood supporting Aberdeen, first game was against Blackburn in div 2. Had season ticket for numerous years. Did not go to York, but did go to Walsall, Luton, Millwall, Huddersfield, Wycombe...etc. Best away was Hamburg in pre-season friendly in perhaps 2003?. Live in London now but could not afford £50 for QPR (well I could but after working all day and living on edge of N London, and having already subscribed to ESPN chose the armchair option), don't have a manc accent, but have always been the sole City fan at London work-places, sincerely hope I can still be regarded as a genuine fan. I understand the concerns but think people need to look beyond the accent?

Born in Manchester fifty years ago moved over to North Yorkshire when I was 11 due to relocation of work for my dear old dad. Had a season ticket since I was 16. Even then travelling across on the bone shakers met up with loads of fans from various parts who followed City home and away and yes into Europe all be it pre-season tours to the likes of Norway, Germany East and West, Holland and those nearer home Ireland and Scotland.These lads are still around now all be it a little older and some of us greyer. These lads had some Manchester connection other none but still supported the club through some dark days this doesn't make them a lesser Blue than someone Manchester through and through. We are getting to be a team that is attracting wider support and it is something we have got to get use to in the Future. I look at the Rags and their fans and there is nothing worse than those toss pots having a dig at City and the worse rags are the ones who don't go to the Swamp and then there are the Cockney reds who are complete tossers. So I would like to say to new and old fans get behind the team but most of all appreciate are history and look forward to the future and keep your feet firmly on the ground and not be as hated as that other lot. C.T.I.D

de niro said:
our eldest moved to london 5 years ago, if jess can't go down there she uses jess's ticket, that kid watched s drop two divisions not long ago.
i'm proud of her.
Spot on de niro, the anti "london" or "southern" blues comments really get my back up. I know blues down here whether ex pats like me, or with no connection to Manchester whatsoever, who haven't missed home or away games for years, and I can take that back to before Ball took over, far better than a large number of manchester based blues, who pick and choose, or f**k off home with 15 minutes to go.

cleavers said:
de niro said:
our eldest moved to london 5 years ago, if jess can't go down there she uses jess's ticket, that kid watched s drop two divisions not long ago.
i'm proud of her.
Spot on de niro, the anti "london" or "southern" blues comments really get my back up. I know blues down here whether ex pats like me, or with no connection to Manchester whatsoever, who haven't missed home or away games for years, and I can take that back to before Ball took over, far better than a large number of manchester based blues, who pick and choose, or f**k off home with 15 minutes to go.
I think the suspicion is that City are selling a lot of tickets to third party agencies, particularly for games like yesterday - expensive, on TV & in London - and for big games - Derby, Liverpool.

Prestwich_Blue said:
I think the suspicion is that City are selling a lot of tickets to third party agencies, particularly for games like yesterday - expensive, on TV & in London - and for big games - Derby, Liverpool.
Maybe so PB, but if that is what people are worrying about they should say so.

Slagging off london or southern blues (its not the first thread today or yesterday) is way off the mark, some of our most loyal fans come from the south, every week, or midweek, and no matter the competition.

cleavers said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Maybe so PB, but if that is what people are worrying about they should say so.

Slagging off london or southern blues (its not the first thread today or yesterday) is way off the mark, some of our most loyal fans come from the south, every week, or midweek, and no matter the competition.
I know a lot of them personally from my time down there and there are some like me who have to work down there or are there for family reasons, others who have a family connection and some who have other reasons for watching City but they're all loyal blues.

If you really think about it we were the 'day trippers' yesterday because we were the ones who went down to Lunnen for the day!!

In other words, if you support City welcome and well done!!

My son and daughter in law had season tickets until they emigrated to Canada and now their two daughters (born over there) are also City supporters, they get up at outrageous hours of the morning to watch on TV and if they came over here in season for a holiday I would pay the earth to get those two little girls a ticket (& their Dad and Mum of course) in fact I would go begging anyone and everyone I know for tickets for them. So does that make me or them any better or less than anyone else? No it doesn't and if I did swear words I would have inserted one there!!

The London aways do attract a different kind of fan.

We do not have this sit down/stand up argument at any other aways apart from in London.

Poeple need to respect the fact that our hardcore away support want to stand. When we beat chelsea 4-2 I was told to 'sit down and shut the fuck up. I've not come to look at your back' by some cockney muppet.

I do ask how tickets are being allocated for the away games. They are certainly not all being allocated on loyalty points as their is now an obvious split between the lads who were there through thick and thin and the new supporters.
In the last 2 years I have been to away games in London where it feels like you are on the forecourt at Old Trafford, When I go to games where we are going for the title I dont want Mary and Jane talking about the family all game, I want people who are going to support our team. what has led to the rapid growth in the asian support at games? Are they following use with the involvement of our Middle Eastern backers? I have no problem with this on racial grounds and good to see, Can anyone explain it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.