Away support

*prepares the air raid shelter*

It was Bill Shankly who said "If you can't support us when we lose or draw don't support us when we win."

Having said that I don't care who supports us as long as they go along to enjoy the football and NOT to:

a) watch what everyone else is doing
b) sit and chat about last night's/tonight's meal
c) listen to make sure that everyone is singing loudly enough
d) fall asleep (as quite a few did in Villareal and other overseas away matches!!!!)

Think about it and the last one especially.

Bilboblue said:
mancitygaz said:
I've taken the piss out of the rags for years about their 'non manc' following and day trippers.
The accents heard outside the swamp when interviewed is funny as fuck.
I really can't take to City fans with anything other than a manc accent no matter how hard I try.
Maybe I'm the one with the problem but that's the way it is for me.

What a pathetic thing to say.

People like YOU give the club a bad name.

I'm Singapore born (English parents) family originally from Prestwich, brought up down south and I'm as much a Blue as anyone, season ticket since I could afford to go, used to do masses of aways before everything got too expensive, You have no idea of tthe reasons behind peoples decisions to support City so wind your fucking neck in.

Oh and yes, I was at York away, albeit in the home end, hope that is ok with you?
haha that's fine with me (not that it matters). You have a connection to the club through your parents which is a bit different to the point I was making.

I don't have a Manc accent.

I have no problem with Mancs being wary of non-Manc City fans, or not understanding how someone not from the area can support the team. My only problem is being pre-judged as a day tripper/tourist/glory hunter/band wagon jumper. I went to my first City game in 1983 at the age of 8. Where I grew up there was no team for miles, and there simply wasn't the same sense of affinity and pride in the area you see in other parts of the country. Not one person in my family has a fucking clue why I started supporting City in the first place but for whatever reason, I did. I'm far from the biggest City fan but I love the club it's as simple as that.

There's a lad I've seen a few times on train up with "Cockney Blue" on his shirt. I often wonder how much stick he get's for it. Maybe being open about it is the best policy!

got to admit at chelsea last year, there were so many quiet type glory hunters, just not typical city fans, pardon the phrase, sorry, but its not wrong to not like them, plastic people who only support when were good, ie mancs aswell

its just an opinion, dont care about us making money, or thats what success brings replys I just dont like it, why ive always hated united

these are the drawbacks to the success to follow. i live in the south nr brighton and since they got promotion you see more of their fans than ever. add that to locals who support united, spurs, liverpool, arsenal and chelsea and you can see how fickle they are. you will see such fans more and more at your games. i look at a fan as someone who goes the game and have no problem with where they are from. as a scouse blue bindipper it's amazing how many of them will ask " how come you support everton coming from liverpool " . it's like any formof entertainment people want to see the best available talent and you have that to offer.

this is turning into an episode of who do you think you are! family history charts are being dusted off as we speak. even I'm confused now. i was born, raised, schooled and colleged all within spitting distance of maine road. does this make me ok to go to away games? should i bring my birth certificate as proof. ta.

mancitygaz said:
I've taken the piss out of the rags for years about their 'non manc' following and day trippers.
I really can't take to City fans with anything other than a manc accent no matter how hard I try.
Yes I'd say you have a liam-esque problem.

What's wrong with no accent and just speaking properly?<br /><br />-- Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:53 pm --<br /><br />
Tommy johnson said:
warpig said:
I've said it many a time, but what is happening at city is the same as what happened at united 10-15 years ago. People used to shoot me down for saying that. They are now realising i was right.
Sad thing is, nothing we can do about it,even sadder how many blues are happy with our "new fans".

Mr and mrs fuckwit-smythe sat behind me at qpr are being embraced by some on here.
They probably doubled the IQ score in your block then.

warpig said:
this is turning into an episode of who do you think you are! family history charts are being dusted off as we speak. even I'm confused now. i was born, raised, schooled and colleged all within spitting distance of maine road. does this make me ok to go to away games? should i bring my birth certificate as proof. ta.

We should have checkpoints at away games now,any non-mancs turned away and pointed in the direction of the swamp.<br /><br />-- Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:54 pm --<br /><br />
SWP's back said:
mancitygaz said:
Yes I'd say you have a liam-esque problem.

What's wrong with no accent and just speaking properly?

-- Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:53 pm --

Tommy johnson said:
warpig said:
I've said it many a time, but what is happening at city is the same as what happened at united 10-15 years ago. People used to shoot me down for saying that. They are now realising i was right.
Sad thing is, nothing we can do about it,even sadder how many blues are happy with our "new fans".

Mr and mrs fuckwit-smythe sat behind me at qpr are being embraced by some on here.
They probably doubled the IQ score in your block then.

Hello Mr.fuckwit-smythe how was the opera?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.