Away tickets and points?

We'll see.

I'd wager I won't get Leeds, Forest, Brentford, Fulham and Everton if they're on a Saturday.

Didn't get Villa either but someone reckoned that sold out at lower than 19.5k
Brentford is the last game of the season. I reckon there may be one or two very disappointed blues if the title race goes down to the wire!

I’m probably not the best reference for this issue, as IF I’m back in the UK, and IF we have an away match at that time, my only option is hospitality.

But, isn’t there a reasonably easy solution to this ? A percentage of tickets are allocated to a ballot and if you are successful in a ballot you can’t enter the ballot again during that season ? This would give ‘everyone’ a fair shot at getting a ticket, and any time you weren’t successful, you’ll have an improved chance next time ?

You are right about demand and supply but the biggest problem appears to be who is demanding them and on many occasions at away games you see 'fans' there who clearly don't have the points, wearing half and half scarves, taking photos etc and you wonder how they managed to obtain tickets. More tickets need to go to season card holders and not day trippers who just want to watch a game of football.
Completely agree. Pre Covid I sometimes managed to get tickets for a couple of away games per season - Brighton, Southampton for myself & my brother. Past two seasons no chance. I have just short of 10k points he has slightly more. My son now has a season ticket. Don't think we'll ever get to an away match together. Rarely will the points qualification to down to our level. When you watch Vlogs yes you do see 'fans' & think how have they got tickets.

Brentford is the last game of the season. I reckon there may be one or two very disappointed blues if the title race goes down to the wire!
Absolutely and no matter what system is used there are going to be disappointed blues.

However, a system that at least gives the majority or if not all season ticket holders a chance would at least soften that disappointment for a lot of blues.

As it stands there's no transparency as to who gets tickets for the in demand games but I can wager that in that scenario at Brentford there will be many that have got in with nowhere near the level of points I and many other blues have got.

I realise that's something that's gone on for a long time and it's something that I just shrug off generally but I'm leaning towards a ballot being a reasonable option because there's literally no chance of a ticket for some games and it seems that the pool of games is getting larger.

I've got a season ticket and I am in the cup schemes. For £50 I can catch most of you up very quickly and then pick and choose which matches I want to go to. Rags and dippers defo, Bournemouth Wednesday night no way.
Isn't Platinum wonderful.

Last edited:
Completely agree. Pre Covid I sometimes managed to get tickets for a couple of away games per season - Brighton, Southampton for myself & my brother. Past two seasons no chance. I have just short of 10k points he has slightly more. My son now has a season ticket. Don't think we'll ever get to an away match together. Rarely will the points qualification to down to our level. When you watch Vlogs yes you do see 'fans' & think how have they got tickets.

I’m sure they’ll be opportunities as long as you don’t mind the less popular games. I don’t keep records or anything like some on here but I’m pretty sure there’s never been a season where at least a couple of games haven’t gone down to any season ticket holder.

You raise another point, how the fuck to shitty vloggers who don't even support the club obtain a ticket, sometimes two a they always appear to have a mate. When ticket info is announced we are always told that 'From this allocation, the following groups will receive tickets for this match: Supporters, Seasonal Hospitality Supporters, Owner, Board of Directors, Football Management, Players, Club Officials and Staff, Former Players, Club Partners and the MCFC Supporters Club.' Where the fuck do vloggers come under that list? And I have said it before but nobody knows what percentage is given to each group. Given that our owner has never attended an away game who does his ticket go to? How many tickets go to former players and surely seasonal hospitality supporters and supporters clubs are still supporters so why do they get a different allocation, they aren't any more of a fan just because they buy a more expensive ticket. And aren't the board of directors also club official? Whole thing needs to be more transparent from the start.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.