Away tickets price cap next 3 seasons

Away supporters make up 3,000 seats at most, at all Premier League games.

Whilst the token gesture will benefit those who have the time/disposable income, it's a grand illusion.

How can it be right that a United fan can visit the Etihad and pay £20 cheaper than myself to watch the same game.

All this bullshit about trying to maintain atmosphere and ensure full grounds.

Until something like this is done across the board, home and away, all it does is benefit a very few, and doesn't even touch the sides in terms of financial impact to clubs.

Two threads on this now, I posted this on the other as mu initial response:

Breaking on the BBC also.

Demand will go through the roof now. I await the loyalty point haters to be out in force and those who have been accused of points whoring will be chuckling. Platinum may have been the way to have gone.

Sorry for being a bit negative but winners and losers with every decision, although I do agree with this price myself.

We had a survey the other month from City asking about away travel. Lets see what they come up with.

This is great news. Whether or not there are enough away tickets to meet demand and whether or not they're being fairly distributed is an entirely separate issue. A three year price cap at £30 is excellent news for fans though.

I always thought that away ticket and home tickets had to match in not being more expensive but seeing as all the clubs have agreed this price they must then have bartered to do what they want with their own stadiums. I cannot see the Arsenal giving up on the £1000 plus season tickets they do. Will City also??

Maybe a freeze at best.

I suspect the way it will be done is that the away tickets will still have an "official" price that is higher than the £30 but anything over and above the £30 will be subsidised by the Premier League and the clubs, a bit like those half-price away games we have now. I only paid £30 for West Ham away this season but the official price on my ticket was £60

Gutted, that's probably me knocking aways on the head now.
Lower priced away tickets seems to attract the scumbag element of our support, expect our away ends to have more nobheads than usual in it.
At least the £50+ tickets kept the riff raff out
Haha! That's one way of looking at it I suppose.

Away supporters make up 3,000 seats at most, at all Premier League games.

Whilst the token gesture will benefit those who have the time/disposable income, it's a grand illusion.

How can it be right that a United fan can visit the Etihad and pay £20 cheaper than myself to watch the same game.

All this bullshit about trying to maintain atmosphere and ensure full grounds.

Until something like this is done across the board, home and away, all it does is benefit a very few, and doesn't even touch the sides in terms of financial impact to clubs.
Some people can't help but moan......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.