Away tickets price cap next 3 seasons

Lets hope its not by detriment to the price of Season Cards for home supporters.
What do we stand to lose in income - if every away support was a sell out 3000 x 48(average price? )-30 = 18(loss per ticket) = £54000 / game x 19(Home Games) =£1,026000
Still a substantial amount of money but a drop in the ocean re PL rewards under the new sponsorship values.

Thats now 1.57 cheaper than im paying for a SC - should I be applauding or moaning

Away supporters make up 3,000 seats at most, at all Premier League games.

Whilst the token gesture will benefit those who have the time/disposable income, it's a grand illusion.

How can it be right that a United fan can visit the Etihad and pay £20 cheaper than myself to watch the same game.

All this bullshit about trying to maintain atmosphere and ensure full grounds.

Until something like this is done across the board, home and away, all it does is benefit a very few, and doesn't even touch the sides in terms of financial impact to clubs.

True but small steps mate. It's a good thing and should be applauded. Then we can move on to getting home tickets down.

Not convinced. It should be twenty. That'd make a sizeable difference. The fact that it isn't that and the fact that home prices haven't been frozen suggests to me that we'll see a subtle increase on that front plus things like shirts, booking fees or refreshments will go up. Meaning that goodwill gesture will basically be nullified in barely a few games. They can make back £20 lost on a few thousand fans easy by putting up prices by a few quid for 30k, 40k, 50k+ etc home fans.

Great PR for the Premier League though, hey?.......

Whilst the token gesture will benefit those who have the time/disposable income, it's a grand illusion.

How can it be right that a United fan can visit the Etihad and pay £20 cheaper than myself to watch the same game.

Until something like this is done across the board, home and away, all it does is benefit a very few, and doesn't even touch the sides in terms of financial impact to clubs.

Spot on.

Brilliant news. I've shelled out thousands this season travelling away with £50 tickets becoming the norm now. I genuinely thought i'd have to give it up before any cap came in. Now City just need to ensure the tickets are distributed properly by cutting down on the amount of corporate away tickets and coming up with a way to stop the point whoring

Fair enough but only those with s/c over £570 and match day tickets are paying over £30 and I can't remember but were any south stand s/c over £570 ? Whatever it's good, and for me unexpected news. and maybe a first step.

Whilst it's a good move in the right direction I really don't think this is going to have a huge impact on the numbers wanting to travel away. Whilst a few tickets for aways creep into the early 60's I would estimate that they probably average out at about £45 per game. When you factor in all the costs of an away.. ticket /travel/food/drink/possible hotel I don't see a roughly £15 saving per trip having that big an effect on the numbers wanting to go so can't see the huge influx of people suddenly wanting to do aways as some are suggesting being that high.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.