Away tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am guessing the club are using City Matters as a stalking horse to get rid of loyalty point merit based allocations in favour of more money making Joe's style tickets for the north stand extension.

The big challenge has been how do they make more money out of away tickets, and the answer is making fans buy a £2k home ticket to buy away tickets.

The tickets to points have been whittled down as much as they can slowly until it is now ridiculous, and more drastic measures are needed to complete the job. The 1000 fans on 21k plus and 2000 fans on 18k are represent properly when talking about away tickets. The CM rep stated points started in 2002 on here show there is a lack of knowledge, as points for games got back to 2001, the system started in 2003, and point for seasons goes back to 1998. Check your Norwich points in 2001, that was the first game.

A rolling system was created with 40 points a game, when original games were worth 10, so it is weighted towards 2011 onwards. If a rolling system is introduced it should be ten years minimum, as you can't say a fan has proven loyalty under 10 years, however weighting points on a 100% 95% basis etc going over 20 years would also be sensible. There is no fair way of changing the points system, as people who invested what amounts to 2 years of their life and £50k gaining their points deserves to keep them, and they have put 21 years in. In another 21 years a lot will have given up and or only be able to access concession tickets so won't be selling on, this is happening already but the amount of points going to tickets is being reduced at a far greater rate.

In 2006 I was able to get a 'derby' away ticket on a card that only went to 4/5 aways a season, where it people who go 80/90% of games who can get them on points now. 'Blue_bird' said they were being stricter that game ensuring tickets went to those who had correct points, and there had been a change of regime there demonstrated by the name on the letters. Those who went regularly at the time will know what I mean and also be very suspicious of CM.

For fans who are on 13/14k points and now given up going the best thing for these fans would be to go back to away allocations to points the way they used to be, and they would have a chance for almost every game. However CM seek to ignore this problem and are going to change the system to disadvantage people who have spent their lives supporting city home and away in favour of new fans who would have probably been united fans if they wore born ten years earlier, and just want instant away access and instant success.

The club not giving a shit about loyal fans in the real issue, the black box invites for Superbia were the starting example, "you are so loyal, please pay £2500 for £1500 worth of tickets to prove it". The CM reps should either ask for more tickets to go to points or resign, and not get used to disenfranchise the loyal fans and become a convenient scapegoat.
Best post on here

I am guessing the club are using City Matters as a stalking horse to get rid of loyalty point merit based allocations in favour of more money making Joe's style tickets for the north stand extension.

The big challenge has been how do they make more money out of away tickets, and the answer is making fans buy a £2k home ticket to buy away tickets.

The tickets to points have been whittled down as much as they can slowly until it is now ridiculous, and more drastic measures are needed to complete the job. The 1000 fans on 21k plus and 2000 fans on 18k are represent properly when talking about away tickets. The CM rep stated points started in 2002 on here show there is a lack of knowledge, as points for games got back to 2001, the system started in 2003, and point for seasons goes back to 1998. Check your Norwich points in 2001, that was the first game.

A rolling system was created with 40 points a game, when original games were worth 10, so it is weighted towards 2011 onwards. If a rolling system is introduced it should be ten years minimum, as you can't say a fan has proven loyalty under 10 years, however weighting points on a 100% 95% basis etc going over 20 years would also be sensible. There is no fair way of changing the points system, as people who invested what amounts to 2 years of their life and £50k gaining their points deserves to keep them, and they have put 21 years in. In another 21 years a lot will have given up and or only be able to access concession tickets so won't be selling on, this is happening already but the amount of points going to tickets is being reduced at a far greater rate.

In 2006 I was able to get a 'derby' away ticket on a card that only went to 4/5 aways a season, where it people who go 80/90% of games who can get them on points now. 'Blue_bird' said they were being stricter that game ensuring tickets went to those who had correct points, and there had been a change of regime there demonstrated by the name on the letters. Those who went regularly at the time will know what I mean and also be very suspicious of CM.

For fans who are on 13/14k points and now given up going the best thing for these fans would be to go back to away allocations to points the way they used to be, and they would have a chance for almost every game. However CM seek to ignore this problem and are going to change the system to disadvantage people who have spent their lives supporting city home and away in favour of new fans who would have probably been united fans if they wore born ten years earlier, and just want instant away access and instant success.

The club not giving a shit about loyal fans in the real issue, the black box invites for Superbia were the starting example, "you are so loyal, please pay £2500 for £1500 worth of tickets to prove it". The CM reps should either ask for more tickets to go to points or resign, and not get used to disenfranchise the loyal fans and become a convenient scapegoat.
LOL. I read this paranoid shite & I wonder why I bother spending my time trying to do things to help our fans.

Would you resign @prestwich blue if you didn't get this done?

I think if you were to canvass your electorate that's exactly what we would unanimously want.

I look forward to seeing this request in the next meeting minutes.

LOL. I read this paranoid shite & I wonder why I bother spending my time trying to do things to help our fans.

You've said yourself that the % allocated to each bucket is disproportionate

Add to that, SC members get two bites of the cherry

So ask for more to be allocated to those you represent please. Let's see it in the minutes next time round

If you don't ask for that, you have to resign as it would then be quite clear that all this is to you is the "backstage pass" you've been after ever since your takeover bid failed with Bernstein

Just a question, has an away season ticket ever been mentioned? It wouldn't guarantee a ticket for away games but would make the pot smaller, personally I'd be against it. Just wondering though

Loyalty is and always had been a one way concept with the club.
After holding a season ticket for 23 years, I had to give it up due to a combination of work/financial and health reasons. I opted for the citycard option, with a view to retaining my points, and ultimately getting my season ticket back when my circumstances changed.
The reward for my historical loyalty - a reduction in my loyalty points by over half.

Loyalty is and always had been a one way concept with the club.
After holding a season ticket for 23 years, I had to give it up due to a combination of work/financial and health reasons. I opted for the citycard option, with a view to retaining my points, and ultimately getting my season ticket back when my circumstances changed.
The reward for my historical loyalty - a reduction in my loyalty points by over half.
Really?
I thought the points remained at the same level?

Really?
I thought the points remained at the same level?
Not sure now but certainly was the case in 2004. Never missed a home game and did 80% of the aways. Had over 2000 points which was a lot at the time. Ended up with around 670 points!
Im also still bitter that the clubs defintion of a like for like seat, moved me from two thirds of the way up the main stand, 25 yards out, to 14 rows from the front of level 1 about 3 yards behind the goal line! Cost me an extra £100 on top of the £400 to end up where I should have been in the first place.
Anyway, I digress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.