Away tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying it's right, but if you have 18,000+ points and know for a fact you can sell the tickets on with ease online, you can't blame them really. If some foreign lads wanted to pay me hundreds of pounds for a match ticket, then I'd be happy to oblige.

However, I don't think as much of this is going on as is made out. I think bad eggs in the ticket office or the club itself are dispatching stuff to mates or online at highly inflated rates.

I've got just over 20,000 points and could do that myself if I wanted but I don't. The only times I've ever gotten a ticket and passed it on is to help a mate out on the rare occasions that I'm not going but they are. I've probably done it around 15 times in total in the 17 seasons the loyalty points system has been in place.

If you've bought 6 tickets and the club has allowed you then they've implicitly authorised you. So you're not breaing the law or the ticket conditions. We're not talking about that. And I'll repeat that if the club has given out these tickets from its own allocation of 150 or whatever then that's no skin of your or anyone else's nose.

1,500 i would accept - no one would believe only 150 are going out of the back door for that game. Has the club shown you any evidence or just expecting you to believe what they tell you?

If they do id checks it has to be same for home tickets, same law, then it would be acceptable for away. It is just an unworkable dogmatic idea.

The club put the wrong name on a season ticket when seats were moved, when asked for it to be changed they said it did not matter, they don't care who goes on them.

I'm not saying it's right, but if you have 18,000+ points and know for a fact you can sell the tickets on with ease online, you can't blame them really. If some foreign lads wanted to pay me hundreds of pounds for a match ticket, then I'd be happy to oblige.

However, I don't think as much of this is going on as is made out. I think bad eggs in the ticket office or the club itself are dispatching stuff to mates or online at highly inflated rates.

Really do not believe this happens much. People on high points selling tickets on will be doing so to friends and family, not just putting online for 10x the price.

I'm on over 23k, if I lost my job/had a bad illness/decided to go travelling/settled down I know I'd have loads of people asking if they can use my supporters number for a ticket, and you're a liar if you wouldn't help your mates out for a ticket.

Life changes for some people. I'm a big advocate for keeping things the way they are, but I know I could probably fuck it off for a year or two and still have a great chance at getting tickets for the more sort after games.

Reactions: Ric
Away days aren't what they used to be. First time I've been away this season so maybe it was a one off given the prestige of the fixture. In front of my seat were a middle eastern couple, the burka clad lady spent a fair proportion of the match sat down looking at her phone. Next to them was a south east asian bloke in a £1000 suit who seemed equally excited when utd attacked as when we did. Next to me was a French lad who told me he'd never been to a City game before but fair play to him he joined in as best he could. How do they get tickets.
Did you not ask them how they bought tickets as they were next to you?

I've mentioned this before on other threads, I've been lucky enough to go to a few away games and the best atmosphere exc( Utd away) is usually the smaller league clubs/Carbao/FA Cup, when we play like Palace, Southampton, Leicester etc where we get alot more of our core fans and its absolutely bouncing. I still think it should be done on ballot - give a % to our top season ticket holders and then say the other 50% is split on a ballot - which is what a lot of other clubs do...also give the chance for younger fans to go to away games and thats where you get the atmosphere...

They get them on line via ticket sites. I have on an odd occasion over last 20 years bought one myself. They cost a fortune supply and demand. They add on loads of service charges and fees and postage. Utd away this week were between £270 and £500 a ticket in the away end not corporate. So wealthy individuals or someone that wants to go to the game badly can go. You can bet Burnley away in city end right now for £100 plus fees which probably take it to £150

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.