Away tickets

I’m surprised that there isn’t as it’s a low allocation with the game on a bank holiday weekend, makes you wonder just what games they are going to do it on.

They've probably been told by opposing clubs that they can fuck off with the idea of collecting from their ticket office as they have their own fans to staff!

I’m surprised that there isn’t as it’s a low allocation with the game on a bank holiday weekend, makes you wonder just what games they are going to do it on.
Why would they surely this is a game that the so called points whores will have whored their tickets out to get the pointsto be able to attend.

They've probably been told by opposing clrsubs that they can fuck off with the idea of collecting from their ticket office as they have their own fans to staff!

Good point. If the collection is from the home team''s box office they will have to get agreement from them to expect the extra people. Was surprised they didn't choose this game as a collection one but that could be why! Unless city are planning on sending staff to the chosen fixtures to handle it themselves but they would still need somewhere to do that.

Only away game I can think of where I had to collect was Swansea and pretty sure they only had 2 windows at the away box office which was fine then but if there are 200 or so needing to collect that's a very different matter

Why would they surely this is a game that the so called points whores will have whored their tickets out to get the pointsto be able to attend.

The 4 times we have played Bournemouth I have only qualified once with my own points (the Monday night game in Feb 2017).

I had hoped that this time, with no points being awarded, I'd have a chance.

I'd say that while that's generally correct it's not quite as simple as that, and the definition of a points whore for me would be someone who does what you've described all the time for pretty much every away match. I don't think it's fair to group someone in the points whore category who goes to the vast majority of away games they apply for but every now and then helps a mate out for a game that they themselves are missing. I remember there was outrage on here from certain posters when a hugely in-demand European away game sold out at high points. I think it was Barcelona first time round in 2014. I couldn't afford to go to that one but a lot of my ticketless mates were on it. I let one of them get a ticket on my seasoncard and there were posters saying that anyone helping their mates out was out of order (because of course none of those posters would ever accept a ticket off a mate would they?). Personally, I think anyone refusing to help a mate out in that situation is a bigger c*nt!
The fact that your helping out a mate means someone who just missed out on getting a ticket due to lack of points missed out. That's what pisses people off.

The fact that your helping out a mate means someone who just missed out on getting a ticket due to lack of points missed out. That's what pisses people off.

Yeah, and those same pissed off people would never ever do such a thing would they?

If you think that's the equivalent of points whoring then you need to wind your neck in.

Oh, and while I'm on the topic of loyalty points, perhaps you can explain who ended up with my points when I applied for a Liverpool away ticket several years back through a supporters club branch and wasn't allocated the points, despite the fact I got allocated a ticket by said branch and that I'd qualified easily on my points

Last edited:
If they are struggling to get tickets for away games they must have stopped going to home and away games when the points system came in surely???
The point system came in around 2002/2003 therefore no one got points . every season card holder started on equal footing

The 4 times we have played Bournemouth I have only qualified once with my own points (the Monday night game in Feb 2017).

I had hoped that this time, with no points being awarded, I'd have a chance.
I’ve got tickets for this game twice, but not qualified when it was the two bank holiday fixtures.
Although I’m well aware of others that went with less than half the points I had at the time

Yeah, and those same pissed off people would never ever do such a thing would they?

If you think that's the equivalent of points whoring then you need to wind your neck in.

Oh, and while I'm on the topic of loyalty points, perhaps you can explain who ended up with my points when I applied for a Liverpool away ticket several years back through a supporters club branch and wasn't allocated the points, despite the fact I got allocated a ticket by said branch and that I'd qualified easily on my points
Wrong on both accounts.

The point system came in around 2002/2003 therefore no one got points . every season card holder started on equal footing

Not quite an even footing. I think you got allocated 10 points for each away game attended the previous season that the points system came in. Which would've been the Keegan promotion season IIRC. I think I had points for about 12-14 games added. Astonishingly, while I had enough points in the 2002-03 season for both United and Liverpool away, Bolton away sold out before it got to my points

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.