Away tickets

If they are struggling to get tickets for away games they must have stopped going to home and away games when the points system came in surely???

I've had a season ticket for 47 straight seasons and went to loads of away games in 70's, especially the 80's, and 90's. I've never stopped going to away games but circumstances - primarily having a family - have meant I have not been able to attend away games anything like as much as I would have liked to since 2000.

Home games for me have been a 360 mile round trip since 1990.

My loyalty points do not reflect my loyalty to my team and I can now rarely get tickets for away games from City. I'll be at West Ham because I have bought a ticket from WHU.

That's my situation and you can tell me that it's fair that I struggle to get tickets but I won't agree: it pisses me of royally. I don't know where I'd rank if loyalty points had been going since 1972 but I'm pretty sure I'd be a hell of a lot higher in the rankings than I am now. I'm sure I'm not alone.

You'll have to take my word for it that if I was on mega points, I'd have no problem with a system that allowed other supporters with less points more of a shot at tickets than they currently get because I happen to think that would be fair.

I've had a season ticket for 47 straight seasons and went to loads of away games in 70's, especially the 80's, and 90's. I've never stopped going to away games but circumstances - primarily having a family - have meant I have not been able to attend away games anything like as much as I would have liked to since 2000.

My loyalty points do not reflect my loyalty to my team and I can now rarely get tickets for away games from City. I'll be at West Ham because I have bought a ticket from WHU.

That's my situation and you can tell me that it's fair that I struggle to get tickets but I won't agree: it pisses me of royally. I don't know where I'd rank if loyalty points had been going since 1972 but I'm pretty sure I'd be a hell of a lot higher in the rankings than I am now. I'm sure I'm not alone.

You'll have to take my word for it that if I was on mega points, I'd have no problem with a system that allowed other supporters with less points more of a shot at tickets than they currently get because I happen to think that would be fair.

It's unfortunate that some fans had other commitments as the points system came into play. I myself couldn't start to build up my away points until I retired in 2008. It's just a matter of plodding on until we old buggers can't go any more!

They've probably been told by opposing clubs that they can fuck off with the idea of collecting from their ticket office as they have their own fans to staff!
Doubt it united do it and that’s what we war trying to copy unfortunately

Which is why they've stopped calling them loyalty points and they're now just ticket points.

This thread will keep going round and round in circles but it will always come back to the following:

We have had a system in place for almost 20 years
There are around 700 people who are top of the tree
Most seasons we have at least 7 or 8 league games that go to general sale
The only time people with lesser points feel that "the system doesn't work" is when they cannot get a ticket for Old Trafford/Anfield/cup game with small allocation.

Some grounds have a dedicated away ticket office next to the away end ( like city have ) work that out and you will probably work the collection matches out, plus United and Liverpool

Which is why they've stopped calling them loyalty points and they're now just ticket points.

This thread will keep going round and round in circles but it will always come back to the following:

We have had a system in place for almost 20 years
There are around 700 people who are top of the tree
Most seasons we have at least 7 or 8 league games that go to general sale
The only time people with lesser points feel that "the system doesn't work" is when they cannot get a ticket for Old Trafford/Anfield/cup game with small allocation.

Wrong.

I have no problem not going to Anfield: my car would get wrecked if I parked it near there, given my number plate.

I'd like to be able to go to the odd league game at the Swamp as I've not been to one for many years; having once been someone who never missed a Derby.

However, it's games like West Ham and Bournemouth that trouble me. WHU will be third year in a row I've had to sit with the Hammers' fans. Bournemouth is an absolute no hoper yet it's a decent journey for me.

Watford is probably nearest away ground to me but I've had to sit with home supporters in last two seasons. Last two league games at WBA, I've sat with their supporters.

Thank goodness Our Kid knows some Brighton season ticket holders.

Nobody got credit for aways they did in the 70s and 80s and plenty of people on high points now, also went to lots of aways before the points system came in.

Nobody is questioning your loyalty to City, or the choices you made with respect to (I'm assuming here) earning a living and raising a family, but fact is the points system has been in operation for nearly 20 years and as such it reflects long term loyalty. The people at the top of that system deserve to be there and deserve to be at Bournemouth next month. You and I don't.

People on low points have ample opportunity to get to 12 - 15 away games a season. What they don't have is a cat in hell's chance of getting to Anfield or Old Trafford on their own points. That's fair.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.