Away tickets

I agree with that, I have just under 22k points but 5 or 6 years ago I was probably in the top 200 or so on the points scheme and going to 90% of aways including European trips. Then my finances took a turn for the worse and since then I've done far fewer aways (only 7 last season including 3 Wembley trips) and gradually slipped down the pecking order points wise - not moaning about it, it's just a fact of life.
I started seriously going to away games in the mid 70s when you could rock up anywhere and pay at the gate to get in. We used to get huge followings at places like Leeds, Sheffield, Villa, Everton, etc, very often up 10,000 away fans. The allocations these days are pitiful. Football seems happy to turn away paying customers. This is what really needs addressing rather than us all bickering about loyalty points. We are all City fans at the end of the day.

Not necessarily different levels of loyalty. In many cases it’s just different levels of income.

Between me and my mates we range between around 12-18000. We’re all around the same age, all been Blues since kids, those of us on around 18000 aren’t any more loyal than those on 12000. We’ve just been able to afford to go to more games over the years than the others.

Then there are people like my Father who has probably been to double the amount of games than I have in his life, yet he’s on 9000 points. I’m not more loyal than my Father despite having double the amount of points. He gave up his seasoncard earlier this decade and now just goes to Cup games due to cost. But he was going for decades before I was.

If the points come down low enough, I’m going to go to Norwich away. But I’m no more deserving of that ticket than my Father is just because he has fewer points than me.

I know groups of people who share seasoncards. The points are only allocated to two names yet are shared between a group of 3 of my mates in one situation and a family of 6 (4 brothers and their Mam+Dad) in another situation. They use that was of going because it’s more affordable. They’ve all been going to City in that way for years. None of them are more loyal than I am just because I’m on a middling amount of points and one of those brothers doesn’t even have a supporter number and has 0 points yet still goes to 6-10 games a season because that’s what they can afford between them.

Not even worth discussing at this level; you can't measure 'loyalty'. This is 'baby talk', like when a footballer whose team has lost but played well says 'we didn't deserve that'. Means absolutely fuck all. It's just self serving nonsense.

The club put a system in place ~20 years ago (when we were shit and demand was low and grounds weren't full) which objectively determined how many away games people attended over a period of time.

That's a meritocratic system and about as good as it can be (or could be).

The club can't distinguish between people on high or low incomes, people who prioritize City over their marriage (rare but not unheard of). No system is capable of that.

The club can't distinguish between 2 sixty somethings on 10K points who want tickets for Old Trafford when they both say they used to follow City home and away back in the day (just not while the points system has been running).

The club is perfectly capable of distinguishing between 2 sixty year olds, one on 10K points and one on 25K points when it comes to Derby day.

I only saw that it was available as I was looking for a spare Norwich at home, last game of the season Tkt. I did think it odd that Bournemouth were available ( at least one was ) this long after selling out.

I was offered a single ticket this morning, but it's no good to me as I need 2.

When I suggested someone else, who I know just missed out, I was told he was sorted.

I think it's just the usual scenario, things happen and people's plans change.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.