Away tickets

An excellent post full of honesty about the whole away ticket situation.
There will be a lot of smug Supporters Club posters denying what you’ve posted. I’ve been a member of a supporter’s club since the early 70s and I know exactly what goes on there, with independent fans and with Corporate.
But, like you said, it’s the loyalty points holders that have been targeted by the club and the reps on City Matters.

Next year they’ll just stop our allocation and give them to the other groups to control and abuse.

Unfortunately it looks like we've just got to accept this, I know when these issues first came up people from City said to contact your rep. I would love to be able to challenge this decision to the club, and I think more worryingly to know what they foresee regarding the allocating of away tickets in the long term.

I know this thread is about Away Tickets and not City Matters but I've got to say how disappointed I am with how all this has come about, specifically regarding the wording from the club on this as they have written without any evidence that people are "passing on tickets to get themselves further up the ladder". There will be rumour and innuendo spoken like fact - just like there is on here. Plenty of people are still posting their opinions on this subject whilst completely ignoring the fact, and it is a fact, that we had plenty of Premier League games go to general sale last season.

Apart from the Under 25's rep, will anyone feel like they've had any sense of victory with these changes? (And as it stands, these are the only changes from the minutes which seem to be implemented from the committee - happy to be proved wrong) I'd be interested to know, for example, how the BAME rep or the Female fans rep feel about these changes as they appear to not matter?

Unfortunately it looks like we've just got to accept this, I know when these issues first came up people from City said to contact your rep. I would love to be able to challenge this decision to the club, and I think more worryingly to know what they foresee regarding the allocating of away tickets in the long term.

I know this thread is about Away Tickets and not City Matters but I've got to say how disappointed I am with how all this has come about, specifically regarding the wording from the club on this as they have written without any evidence that people are "passing on tickets to get themselves further up the ladder". There will be rumour and innuendo spoken like fact - just like there is on here. Plenty of people are still posting their opinions on this subject whilst completely ignoring the fact, and it is a fact, that we had plenty of Premier League games go to general sale last season.

Apart from the Under 25's rep, will anyone feel like they've had any sense of victory with these changes? (And as it stands, these are the only changes from the minutes which seem to be implemented from the committee - happy to be proved wrong) I'd be interested to know, for example, how the BAME rep or the Female fans rep feel about these changes as they appear to not matter?

I’d imagine the supporters club rep will be very pleased e and rightly so as he has the SC best wishes at heart
Shame that all the other reps will be just as happy knowing there best interests have been preserved as SC members whilst everyday fan gets shafted ..

Loving your posts @liamctid but I have to disagree with your initial statement.

Do we just have to accept it?

I don't have an answer right now but at the very least we need to let the club know the strength of feeling about this.

I don't have an answer right now but at the very least we need to let the club know the strength of feeling about this.

I wouldn't know what to suggest as a response to it to be honest.

As I've said previously, I would set fire to myself on the Nexen Tyre Bridge if they brought in a ballot

We shouldn’t accept it you are bang on. I have spoken to Supporter Services this afternoon and changed my season card from platinum to gold and expressed my disgust at the decision

We shouldn’t accept it you are bang on. I have spoken to Supporter Services this afternoon and changed my season card from platinum to gold and expressed my disgust at the decision
Ironically, this is the only way I can catch up on anyone. I’ll now get 490 points more than someone on gold. As the system was, being on 15000 points, I may get six or seven aways so 140 points. If you’re on 20,000+ you get all aways but maybe go to six or seven and pass the rest on and get hundreds more points than I do. You see the problem?
By the way, I disagree with gold and platinum but it looks like the club might have a few more joining cup schemes this year as now that is the only way to gain ‘loyalty’ points.

The OSC and corporate reps will be delighted I imagine.

I changed mine to gold two seasons ago because it was obvious that I was getting further away from 'A-list' aways. I stopped going to Champs league group games too. The money saved allows me to get tickets in other ways - Brighton away last season was in their corporate seating. Living 130 miles away helped my decision to quit games that are on tv anyway.
The fairest system for me would be a 5 year rolling system for 3/5ths of the allocation and the rest in a ballot for seasoncard holders in their second season plus. Obviously this wouldn't be necessary for all aways- but it would give most fans at least the hope of doing a big away at least once in a season.
This emotional topic really is a no win situation for those making the decisions :-/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.