Aymeric Laporte - 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again left out of Frances squad, while bums like Adil Rami and Sakho made it. Deschamps clearly doesn`t like him for some reason. Saw that one of Laporte's former coaches said that he doesn`t "engage with the collective", he`s a loner and awkward.
He seems fine with us,that french team managers have always been a mardy lot who like their favourites and ignore the rest

Midway through the second half he brought the ball down on his chest whilst running at speed with a man on his back playing it calmly back to Ederson.
Amazing piece of skill/composure.

Right down in front of we FOCs in CBL3. Oh, how we trilled at that piece of skill. I would recall ****ona's description of Deschamps - a water carrier! it's good for City in that he ain't gonna come back with an injury.

Laporte continues to be my personal PoTY for City.

Amazingly solid on defense, supremely gifted in passing, often contributing a pinpoint cross-field pass to change the point of attack, and a threat to score on offense from set plays.

On rare occasions Laporte will make a poor pass, either intercepted or going out-of-bounds. But this rarely occurs.

Wouldn't do him any good playing for Deschamps.
He is stuck in the '90 which is quite good for a national team: simple tactics and system so that players coming from many differents clubs can learn to play together really fast
It's just too far away from Pep's teaching.

Actually never felt so solid as I do with Laporte and Stones, particularly when a ball is crossed in to the box. Just feel like they will head it away all day. Both have been equally great this season.

I do think Laporte is still making the odd dangerous mistake here and there, but hasn't been punished for it. Sometimes I think that can be the difference between the perception of somebody being brilliant and somebody being in bad form. I am not for one suggesting Laporte is in bad form. He factually isn't. He's in great form. Just saying that there is still room for improvement in terms of concentration (which will come). To be honest, the fact that he and Stones are still someway off their peak is fucking frightening.

Also, was sat on the 3rd row on Sunday. Didn't realise how fucking massive he is. He's a unit.

How France continues to omit him boggles the mind.

Still, long may it last, as it means he is all ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.