Aymeric Laporte 2018 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he did well and from this small sample size he’s lived up to the hype that some posters had for him. I’m sure @Bill is glowing right now :-)

Now that he’s here i’ll Be supporting him 100%.

Very happy. Thought dropping in in the deep end would be a risk. Wrong, looked lke he has been here for years. Granted not the hardest game in the world, but you can tell if a player fits or not straight away.

Last edited:
I felt so much calmer with his positional play at the back. He looked good on the ball and he got stuck in With the physical side so all good.

Not his greatest test though but a good debut. Also that lot beat Liverpool on their own patch recently.

Not tested much defensively but it is not difficult to see he is a Pep type player. Reads the game well, comfortable with the ball and a very good short and long passing game with the confidence and technique to hit the long diagonals to switch the play.

Looked composed in defence and very comfortable on the ball. Promising start.

I must say I was impressed albeit on most likely one of his quietest evenings he'll get all season.

I underestimated how beneficial his first time left footed passes sped up our buildup play twofold. No need to check back on to a favoured foot & allow the opposition to re group.

Also his raking cross field passes were a sight to behold - VvD who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.