Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW....that doesnt sound good....cant believe we still havent triggered his release clause...seems like we've been ready to trigger it for weeks....always worrying when it all goes silent at the last minute....maybe its not the paperwork that is delaying things...Maybe its Laporte willing to sit down with Bilbao?...Just hoping Bluemoonrising have got their news right!;) would be a great signing!

"If the player were to leave, everyone involved would like it to be on good terms, with a certain amount of dignity involved, something that wasn’t quite the case with Ander Herrera, meaning he will happily sit down and listen to what Athletic have to offer." From that local report.

Good point mate....hope you dont mind me pointing out tho...Gundogan?...."not fully fit and cant register" but I understand what you are saying....a few have put my mind to rest about this one since my comments...cheers!;)

Difference is we didn't have to trigger a clause. We had to negotiate with Dortmund. We can take our time with Laporte because we hold all the cards.

Good point mate....hope you dont mind me pointing out tho...Gundogan?...."not fully fit and cant register" but I understand what you are saying....a few have put my mind to rest about this one since my comments...cheers!;)

Medical clearance due today - we'd be trying to do a credit card charge back if he fails it and we'd already paid them.

Difference is we didn't have to trigger a clause. We had to negotiate with Dortmund. We can take our time with Laporte because we hold all the cards.
Not quite all the cards, it would be much better to agree a direct transfer with Bilboa, instead of resorting to forcing their hand with the release clause. It would probably be cheaper as well as we wouldn't have to pay Laporte's tax bill for triggering it himself.

Not quite all the cards, it would be much better to agree a direct transfer with Bilboa, instead of resorting to forcing their hand with the release clause. It would probably be cheaper as well as we wouldn't have to pay Laporte's tax bill for triggering it himself.

Bilbao refuse to do that though, with anyone. It's part of their survival strategy - make things as hard as possible to put off anyone buying from them, and the tax costs of having the player buy himself out effective just adds 10-20% onto their cost.

Herrera and Martinez both had to buy themselves out as well.

Should I have been on hospital watch or is he doing it abroad?

All medicals will be done at the new Manchester Institute of Health and Performance from now on, according to the reports when it opened anyway.

So I wouldn't go back to that old hospital if I were you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.