Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree....Things point to us wanting both Laporte and Stones but does anyone think we could be just trying to cover our bets in case one deal doesnt happen?....as soon as this rumour comes out that Laporte might stay, a new rumour comes out that we're about to sign Stones and he's turned down Barca ?...the press are having alot of fun with our transfer business.....just wish we could get these done and stop the rubbish we keep hearing....it only gets worse the longer it takes to close these deals....
No, I genuinely believe the club no longer have faith that Vincent can't stay fit and are now planning on a Laporte - Stones partnership for the next 5 years minimum.

No, I genuinely believe the club no longer have faith that Vincent can't stay fit and are now planning on a Laporte - Stones partnership for the next 5 years minimum.

Cheers mate.....just seemed strange...every time a negative rumour about Laporte comes out.....we get positive news on Stones......would love to get both done and dusted and then we can move on to the next one...

Yeah i agree with the above regarding otamendi, i think under a more balanced pep setup he will be really top tier.

Had a hard job last season being thrown into a rather muddly defense, and CM system.

Exactly! I believe he'll thrive under Pep. The defenders didn't get any protection with Pellegrini's tactics and still Otamendi did well in his debut season with us.

However if Pep had a say on Sterling's and De Bruyne's transfers. Wouldn't he have some say in Otamendi's case? He is a good ball playing CB so just curious about this.

If Laporte & Stones come in then it looks like Pep is beefing up the number of central defenders in order to play three at the back.

If you were planning on playing 3 at the back, you'd want two centre halves who are quick, athletic, and absolutely mustard on the ball. Stones and Laporte are all of those things.

Ideally you'd also want one to be left footed and one to be right footed. Lapprte is left footed, Stones right.

Then you'd want someone experienced in the middle to organise, a leader, a talker. Let's hope Kompany can get himself fit.

Playing 3 at the back is something Pep has done previously in order to squueze in an extra attacking midfielder.

Buying these two centre halves might just be part of his plan to squeeze Gundogan, Silva, DeBruyne, Sterling, Sane, Aubamayeng and Aguero in to the same starting line up. There could be plenty of 6-5s next year! :-)

This against Burnley at home would be a right laugh! :-)

.......................Hart
....Stones.......Kompany........Laporte
...................Gundogan
Sane.......KBD............Silva.......Sterling
...........Aguero........Aubameyang

i think thats pretty close to the first team mate. i can't see us being so attack minded though, id go with

.......................Hart
....Stones.......Kompany........Laporte
...........Gundogan.... fernandinho
.......KBD............Silva.......Sterling
...........Aguero........Aubameyang

Bench GK, Nacho, sane, sagna, navas, fernando, youngster - bryne ?

Exactly! I believe he'll thrive under Pep. The defenders didn't get any protection with Pellegrini's tactics and still Otamendi did well in his debut season with us.

However if Pep had a say on Sterling's and De Bruyne's transfers. Wouldn't he have some say in Otamendi's case? He is a good ball playing CB so just curious about this.
Love Otamendi, and I am one of his biggest fans, but his 'daredevil go it alone mentality' sometimes gets him into trouble outside of what is or isn't going on in front of him.

That said, I trust Pep will clean him up. As frankly in a 3 CB situation. Id want Stones in the middle orchestrating, Ota on the Right and Laporte on the left. I ain't trusting Komp until he can play 5 games without pulling up. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.