Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
And explain why there has been no links to a left back that we would need to play 4 at the back

I sure hope so. Had my hopes set on bringing in a LB and RB. There were some early rumors but theyve all died out.

To be honest, not sure I'd even want Kompany inbetween Stones and LaPorte. If he can stay healthy fine, but Kompany's in and out of the lineup last year did not help Otamendi/Mangala develop any rhythm as the season went on. On top of that, not sure Kompany is a top tier CB any longer either. Would he accept a backup role next season?

i think thats pretty close to the first team mate. i can't see us being so attack minded though, id go with

.......................Hart
....Stones.......Kompany........Laporte
...........Gundogan.... fernandinho
.......KBD............Silva.......Sterling
...........Aguero........Aubameyang

Bench GK, Nacho, sane, sagna, navas, fernando, youngster - bryne ?

Yeh your line up definitely looks more conventional, more solid and suited to the Prem. I don't think he's going to stick to the same shape in every game, he's going to change the system to suit who we've got available and in order to exploit the opposition.

The team I put up was fantasy football really, it would probably be the most attack minded team ever put out in the Prem! Unlikely he'd ever play it, but if we were playing cannon fodder at home who just came to defend, I wouldn't put it past him.

He played a similar shape for Bayern against Barcelona remember when he had 3 at the back man-marking Messi Suarez and Neymar! That didn't work out too well so maybe he won't do it against decent teams, but I'm convinced he's going to pick some starting line ups that will leave some people scratching their heads.

If you were planning on playing 3 at the back, you'd want two centre halves who are quick, athletic, and absolutely mustard on the ball. Stones and Laporte are all of those things.

Ideally you'd also want one to be left footed and one to be right footed. Lapprte is left footed, Stones right.

Then you'd want someone experienced in the middle to organise, a leader, a talker. Let's hope Kompany can get himself fit.

Playing 3 at the back is something Pep has done previously in order to squueze in an extra attacking midfielder.

Buying these two centre halves might just be part of his plan to squeeze Gundogan, Silva, DeBruyne, Sterling, Sane, Aubamayeng and Aguero in to the same starting line up. There could be plenty of 6-5s next year! :-)

This against Burnley at home would be a right laugh! :-)

.......................Hart
....Stones.......Kompany........Laporte
...................Gundogan
Dihno.......KBD............Silva.......Sterling
...........Aguero........Aubameyang
Fixed your team for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.