Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not on price, I know, but they may negotiate on whether we buy direct from them or whether they make the player buy himself out. To them it makes no difference on the fee they receive.
But to the buying club it means either pay the fee to Bilbao or pay the fee plus the tax the player will have to pay , as if we pay the player to buy himself out he pays tax as it's income. So staying on the right side of Bilboa is beneficial.
For example if we wanted to force the release in January Bilboa would force us to pay the player to buy himself out and it would cost us £51 m plus tax. If we negotiate and agree to wait until summer they might just agree to sell him direct fot £51 m.
I'm pretty sure we'll have to pay VAT.

I'm pretty sure we'll have to pay VAT.
Sorry not making myself clear, VAT is paid on all transfers yes.
If we agree with Bilbao to buy Laporte direct we pay Bilbao the £51 mill fee plus VAT.
If we want to buy him without their goodwill. Then only the player can buy out his contract, its not a release clause its a contract buyout.
In this case we have to pay the money to Laporte £51 mill plus VAT for the player to pay to Bilboa for his contract. In this case its seen as income for Laporte and he has to pay tax on it. He would then expect us to pay that personal tax bill as well, so we would pay £50mill plus VAT plus his personal tax bill.

Sorry not making myself clear, VAT is paid on all transfers yes.
If we agree with Bilbao to buy Laporte direct we pay Bilbao the £51 mill fee plus VAT.
If we want to buy him without their goodwill. Then only the player can buy out his contract, its not a release clause its a contract buyout.
In this case we have to pay the money to Laporte £51 mill plus VAT for the player to pay to Bilboa for his contract. In this case its seen as income for Laporte and he has to pay tax on it. He would then expect us to pay that personal tax bill as well, so we would pay £50mill plus VAT plus his personal tax bill.
Not necessarily, we could treat it as a capital acquisition, but it depends on the Spanish revenue.

The weird tax law which meant that you might have to pay 20% on top of the release clause if the club doesn't play ball has changed this year apparently, it's no longer a factor.
could've told me earlier, would have saved me a few posts explaining it ;)

Having a v good game again tonight
Reckon Pep will be asking the Sheik to break the bank for him in the summer
Top player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.