Aymeric Laporte

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Kladze, 17 Apr 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akiva

Akiva

Thrilled this is happening, Pep wanted this lad early on in 2016 (even while still officially at Bayern) and it's a hole we've failed to fill and would struggle to fill in the future. He's absolutely perfect for us and will form a partnership with Stones that could last a decade, all the while learning and developing under the best coach in football.

All those complaining about the cost need to think of the market today. VVD, who assisted Swansea's winning goal last night, cost more but isn't worth half it. Talent so specifically tooled for Guardiola-ball in that position (left footed CB) is rare enough that you couldn't expect similar to go for less, perhaps even more, today.

Alvarez is actually, potentially, a genuine leak though.

David "the Ornacle" Ornstein is so highly regarded by gooners because, if he says it, it's a briefing from Arsenal and is straight from the source. City already have a few people who do this, like Martin Blackburn and to a lesser extent Sam Lee.

2. RandomJ

RandomJ

Since when have caps been the yardstick for a good player?

3. Withnail

Withnail

Not seen much of Laporte, but trust Pep's judgement.

Good that he can play in the CL and another addition to our brilliant squad. This signing will also allow us to play 3 at the back as others have pointed out.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. twosips

twosips

told my missus about this and her reaction was to sing Laporte to 'that's amore'....ha. Defo sumat in that.

5. adrianr

adrianr

Because as we're regularly reminded watching England, international attendance is often subject to forces other than abilities as a footballer. That said, it's surprising he doesn't have a single one.

6. BlueCityfan

BlueCityfan

And this is why i'm not bothered about Sanchez. (Add Fred to your list btw)

If we get Laporte and Fred done. All we need is another defender (CB or LB) as well as a forward this summer. Perhaps we will add another young forward. Much better and more exciting long-term.

7. RayCTID

RayCTID

Not going to be an easy task in moving Mangala on but as you have said he is a decent player with full confidence but not suited playing in the current setup.

8. J_MCFC21

J_MCFC21

If anyone wants a video, know they don't mean anything after Samaras looking like Maradona...

9. blue b4 the moon

blue b4 the moon

Sounds like it could be near enough done for the morning,

Box off Freddie and job done.

10. Delphacito

Delphacito

I guess you’re right regarding Blackburn etc. I’m just loving the news this Alvarez guy brings. Fresh from the oven it seems!

What I’m confused about is if it’s one of City’s spanish speaking players leaking it, I don’t think the players are briefed by Pep and Txiki on who they’re going to buy next. I’m thinking this is more higher up. It’s either one of Pep’s assistants or Txiki or Ferran?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.