Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thrilled this is happening, Pep wanted this lad early on in 2016 (even while still officially at Bayern) and it's a hole we've failed to fill and would struggle to fill in the future. He's absolutely perfect for us and will form a partnership with Stones that could last a decade, all the while learning and developing under the best coach in football.

All those complaining about the cost need to think of the market today. VVD, who assisted Swansea's winning goal last night, cost more but isn't worth half it. Talent so specifically tooled for Guardiola-ball in that position (left footed CB) is rare enough that you couldn't expect similar to go for less, perhaps even more, today.

So after all these years we finally got our own David Ornstein in the form of Jose Alvarez. Amazing, this guy came out of nowhere.

Alvarez is actually, potentially, a genuine leak though.

David "the Ornacle" Ornstein is so highly regarded by gooners because, if he says it, it's a briefing from Arsenal and is straight from the source. City already have a few people who do this, like Martin Blackburn and to a lesser extent Sam Lee.

Not seen much of Laporte, but trust Pep's judgement.

Good that he can play in the CL and another addition to our brilliant squad. This signing will also allow us to play 3 at the back as others have pointed out.

told my missus about this and her reaction was to sing Laporte to 'that's amore'....ha. Defo sumat in that.

He may go on to be brilliant for us, but in what world is spending £57 million on a uncapped centre back a great deal?

Because as we're regularly reminded watching England, international attendance is often subject to forces other than abilities as a footballer. That said, it's surprising he doesn't have a single one.

What a team we are building. Stones, Ederson Laporte, Mendy, Raz, Sane,Jesus,Bernardo all 24 or under. If we can keep that group of players together and at the club when they all hit their prime we are gonna have something special.

And this is why i'm not bothered about Sanchez. (Add Fred to your list btw)

If we get Laporte and Fred done. All we need is another defender (CB or LB) as well as a forward this summer. Perhaps we will add another young forward. Much better and more exciting long-term.

Agree.

In a more defensive team that doesn’t require its central defenders to primarily be ball players he will be a decent player I reckon.

Not world class, but decent.

Mangala is just simply a chalk and cheese for a Pep team.

Not going to be an easy task in moving Mangala on but as you have said he is a decent player with full confidence but not suited playing in the current setup.

Alvarez is actually, potentially, a genuine leak though.

David "the Ornacle" Ornstein is so highly regarded by gooners because if he says it, it's a briefing from Arsenal and is straight from the source. City already have a few people who do this, like Martin Blackburn and to a lesser extent Sam Lee.
I guess you’re right regarding Blackburn etc. I’m just loving the news this Alvarez guy brings. Fresh from the oven it seems!

What I’m confused about is if it’s one of City’s spanish speaking players leaking it, I don’t think the players are briefed by Pep and Txiki on who they’re going to buy next. I’m thinking this is more higher up. It’s either one of Pep’s assistants or Txiki or Ferran?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.