Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbf for some unknown reason, no elite team made an actual go at signing him
there were always rumours that he is a "weird character".. whatever that means.
didn't deschamps cast him out of the national team because he thought aymeric didn't gel well with the rest of the group? thought I read something along those lines.

Seems like a dick to me. Lot of problems with managers in his career. Not one that seems to get on with the rest of the squad.
I remember reading, a few years back, that he's a bit of an introvert. I don't think he's a bad influence, just someone who keeps himself to himself.

Either way, he's been a worthy player for us. I wish him all the best.

Tbf for some unknown reason, no elite team made an actual go at signing him
Only English clubs could afford him, bayern signed kim, psg signed hernandez, real are covered at cb, barca are skint, juve are broke and the other Italian club tend not to spend big on fees or wages.
He is very unlucky or lucky whatever way you want to look at it, he is moving to a crap league when he should be playing for a elite European club but on the flip side he is getting an insane contract due to the Saudi boom this window. He has been an unbelievable player for us and I wish him all the best.

After a couple of seasons when he was our best defender, it is sad that he faded away.
Not sure if it was injuries or confidence, but new signings didn't help.

I still rate him as amongst the best.
I have routed for him to make a comeback, which sadly never came.

If/when he does leave, he gets my total thanks for everything he has done at City.
From memory, his drop-off seemed to coincide with the signing of Dias and the return to form of Stones. Before that, he was definitely our best defender.

Fuck me have we entered a 5 a side league next season?

I can only think we MUST have players lined up to replace the outgoings.

We're going to be minted with all this oil money coming in.

Doku and Paqueta plus maybe a necessary replacement for Kev.

Job done.

there were always rumours that he is a "weird character".. whatever that means.
didn't deschamps cast him out of the national team because he thought aymeric didn't gel well with the rest of the group? thought I read something along those lines.
Heard him and griezmann didn't get along from youth level and griezmann said he would be in the squad if laporte was in it. But apart from that no issues that I know.

Far too good for that league. Should be at a top Spanish club. Shame no one came in for him.
I think this belief is a tad rude and disingenuous to the Saudi League to be honest. I get it’s not currently the first thought on everyone’s mind but it reminds me of the IPL, to be a league taken seriously they need quality players. To get those players they are offering crazy deals and privileges. It won’t take long for people to start to take it seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.