Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this belief is a tad rude and disingenuous to the Saudi League to be honest. I get it’s not currently the first thought on everyone’s mind but it reminds me of the IPL, to be a league taken seriously they need quality players. To get those players they are offering crazy deals and privileges. It won’t take long for people to start to take it seriously.

I am now,well waiting for Gerrard to get sacked I mean

Laporte not excepted it yet he might not want to go there?!

He's not a great lover of football apparently. It's just a job to him. (As it is with many other players).
He'll be more than happy to have a couple of years on £400k a week, knowing that he wouldn’t get anywhere near half that in Europe.

I think this belief is a tad rude and disingenuous to the Saudi League to be honest. I get it’s not currently the first thought on everyone’s mind but it reminds me of the IPL, to be a league taken seriously they need quality players. To get those players they are offering crazy deals and privileges. It won’t take long for people to start to take it seriously.
Its the league equivalent of us in 2008.

Imagine the headlines.

'Sportswashing Manchester City get their Saudi mates to pay £150 million for Laporte so they can cheat FFP.'

Already had this with Newcastle and the (very reasonably priced) Saint-Maximin.

I am now,well waiting for Gerrard to get sacked I mean
I said earlier, not sure if in this thread or another… but, I think at some point someone will wait her do/say something that gets them in serious trouble, or someone publicly states they hate it there and jump ship. What then? A mass exodus or brushed over? Either way I don’t blame any player taking silly money tax free and accepting watches as gifts (although that’d be seen as a bribe in other countries) even if it’s short term.

I'm sad to see him go. Great player for us. Admittedly there were times in the past where his mistakes would do my head in but that I'd the same with loads of players (even KDB Silva Aguero, Yaya). Impossible standards are expected from our players, especially defenders. At the end of the day he was a phenomenal signing and I wish him all the very best in his future.

We are so lucky.

Imagine the headlines.

'Sportswashing Manchester City get their Saudi mates to pay £150 million for Laporte so they can cheat FFP.'

Already had this with Newcastle and the (very reasonably priced) Saint-Maximin.
More likely to say "Saudi owners". I don't know if it's ignorance anymore or perhaps just snidey racism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.