Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
5th choice centre back before Josko arrived and cannot argue with that as he isn't better then those 4 mainstays last year.

Like the lad but it makes sense to let him go, I am supprised no other clubs have come in for him (that we are aware of amyway)

But we can’t expect top top players just to stick around just in case theres 3/ injuries in his position.
Laporte is still one of the best left sided centre backs in the World. Watching Bayern & Real, Laporte would walk into their sides. He’d walk into Liverpool and United’s side. He’d be Chelsea’s best defender, PSG’s best defender. Spurs’ best player.
Imo we should have a squad to allow for say 4-5 ongoing squad injuries. Plus more rotation with the extra long games and probable more fixtures for us this season. We have a small squad, with injury prone defenders like Stones, Walker, Ake. We don't want injuries to derail the season. Our midfield creativity is already badly hampered by KDB out.

I thought the period of City players moving out for cheap, was over - since Chelsea / Arsenal payed combined fee of 150M last year for Sterling / Zinchenko / Jesus..

This is nasty business...

City pays 3X price
Clubs pay 1/3X price for City players...

Motherf...

P.S At least we get decent fees for an academy players...

Who's offering more ? that he wants to go to.
I personally wouldn't be surprised if it comes out in the future of an agreement amongst the historic hateful clubs who voted against us, to treat the transfer of our players differently to other clubs?

We should be looking to create mutually beneficial relationships with other up and coming PL clubs to break this.

Not much money outside of England at the moment, what woul people rater see.

£27 million from Saudi or £60 million from Arsenal, Rags or dippers?
Yeah those Saudis are so broke…

(Ps we were never going to get £60m from anyone for him)

I personally wouldn't be surprised if it comes out in the future of an agreement amongst the historic hateful clubs who voted against us, to treat the transfer of players differently to other clubs?

We should be looking to create mutually beneficial relationships with other up and coming PL clubs to break this.
Doubt it and anyway not sure he wants to stay in the premier league but even so where are the bids from any Spanish, German , Italian clubs he be a decent buy for loads of clubs, Seems like this is the only bid in town and as we need to make space to bring players in it is what it is.

I find it hard to believe we wouldn’t have at least matched the Saudi bid if we were given the green light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.