Back In For Sturridge

Re: Would you have Sturridge back?

TonyM said:
I'd be happy to have him back. It made no sense him going. For him or us. Hed be playing regulary for us imo if he'd stayed. Like Richards is.

I'd have Stephen Ireland back too thanks very much. Saw him play the first half versus Newcastle. He is getting back to his best. I'd bet in our team he'd be better than Nasri to partner Silva.

It did make sense atthe time though Tony, he admits himself he was a bit of a cnut regarding contract demands.

Personally i have no strong views on if he came back.
If it meant accomodating him as in move Sergio etc out of their fav forward position then no otherwise meh sure why not.

coulsonblue said:
No. He was awful against United. Should have been subbed sooner. Made me laugh that Redknapp claimed subbing him was a mistake.

He was the only decent Chelsea player in the first half. SOme of the stuff people make up fucking stuns me

BoyBlue_1985 said:
coulsonblue said:
No. He was awful against United. Should have been subbed sooner. Made me laugh that Redknapp claimed subbing him was a mistake.

He was the only decent Chelsea player in the first half. SOme of the stuff people make up fucking stuns me
If by decent, you mean dribbling and taking wild shots from impossible angles, Yes! He sure was. Has a pea for brains. NO!!!!

TonyM said:
I'd be happy to have him back. It made no sense him going. For him or us. Hed be playing regulary for us imo if he'd stayed. Like Richards is.

I'd have Stephen Ireland back too thanks very much. Saw him play the first half versus Newcastle. He is getting back to his best. I'd bet in our team he'd be better than Nasri to partner Silva.

Wouldn't really want Sturridge back as there are plenty of better players out there than him.

However would much rather have Sturridge than Ireland (who I thought was pretty poor against Newcastle and then got subbed early didn't he?).

TonyM said:

amy-adams-in-the-muppets-2011-movie-image.jpg

DTeacher said:
TonyM said:

amy-adams-in-the-muppets-2011-movie-image.jpg

Haha fucking priceless! :)

Sturridge is'nt all that, too greedy for my liking. Tries to do it all on his own too much! Thats not how we play now.

Without a shadow of a doubt. Should never have been let go in the first place.

Would you have Sturridge back?

Don't think guidetti would want to come back he is the massiah, they totally idolise him, as for Sturbridge if bobby says yeaa then that's good enough for me, if anyone thinks that bobby couldn't turn him into a team player then remember the come back at Blackburn he dragged city right into it.

Just knew it when Silva picked him as the most skilful player in the league in that Sky interview!
Man City Line Up Move for £20m Chelsea Youngster

Etihad Stadium boss keen on Stamford Bridge attacker.

ARSENAL aren’t the only club eyeing Chelsea’s England striker Daniel Sturridge.

So is Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini, who can’t understand how his club lost him to Chelsea in the first place.

But the problem for City is that the sums don’t add up in terms of trying to bring Sturridge, 22 back to Manchester.

They were awarded an eventual figure of £6.5million for him by a tribunal, as compensation when he made his out-of-contract move to Stamford Bridge three years ago.

But even though City are also entitled to 15 per cent of any sell-on fee, they would still take a financial hit if they pre-signed him – as his value has now increased to at least £20m after a string of sensational displays.

Sturridge has two-and-a-half years remaining on his Chelsea contract but is said to be looking for a new, improved deal to stay in West London.

Daniel Sturridge left Man City six months before Roberto Mancini arrived and perhaps the Etihad Stadium boss is right to be confused as to why the Premier League table toppers allowed the talented attacker to leave but one wonders if a move back to the club would suit the 22 year old.

The Chelsea man is currently used out wide but would prefer to play in an orthodox striking position but would the youngster manage to secure a regular spot in either position at Man City? Given that Mancini has the likes of Sergio Aguero, Mario Balotelli and Edin Dzeko as striking options, all scoring goals and all relatively young.

Then out wide the Italian has quality options like David Silva, Adam Johnson, Samir Nasri and James Milner to call upon, to name just four, so a move for Sturridge would be an odd one to consider.

This source points out that Arsenal are keen on the Blues man and such a move would make far more sense given the over-reliance the North London club places on Robin Van Persie.

Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas has shown a lot of faith in Sturridge, far more than Carlo Ancelotti, and the Portuguese boss is clearly planning for the future and as such may well value the England international more highly than the likes of Didier Drogba, Fernando Torres and Salomon Kalou when it comes to long term plans so perhaps the Birmingham born forward would do well to ignore other offers and look to help his West London side regain their position as genuine title contenders.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/02/26/man-city-line-up-move-for-20m-chelsea-youngster/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/02/26 ... youngster/</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.