Back pain/sciatica

When I originally did my back I was laid up for 3 weeks never once did the doctor send me for any assessment I had to go through the job for physio and pay for a chiropractor, he’s the one who said it was the fluid had gone in between my discs ( don’t even know if it has) it wasn’t until my X-ray last year that I’d had anything from the nhs, I thought I could ride it out. Trying now just to get an appointment to see the doc to get maybe done better pain relief maybe a scan is proving impossible as you must ring up or go online at certain times trouble is it’s all crap. I’m going tomorrow and sitting there until they offer me something.
Get an MRI scan, not an ordinary one. If the disc has bursted a bit and the stuff like crabmeat has leaked out, gradually the body will absorb it apparently. The disc could be permanently damaged or not, with care it might heal up. Best to get an MRI scan and see exactly what is going on. Don’t be fobbed off.

Get an MRI scan, not an ordinary one. If the disc has bursted a bit and the stuff like crabmeat has leaked out, gradually the body will absorb it apparently. The disc could be permanently damaged or not, with care it might heal up. Best to get an MRI scan and see exactly what is going on. Don’t be fobbed off.
I had almost 2cm of inner disc protruding when I herniated mine, took a long time but went away without surgery

I had almost 2cm of inner disc protruding when I herniated mine, took a long time but went away without surgery
That’s good, I think that will happen a few times as we get older, but then it might need an intervention, so take care.

It’s always on my mind
The right exercises are good and help. I eventually had mine done aged 52 after about 4 bad episodes. The neuro surgeon did a phrenoscopy, so very little invasion, scar about 2 inches. Just parred off protruding bits, like parring an orange. He gave them to me in a tiny bottle. The thing is to get it done before any nerve damage sets in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.