Back pain/sciatica

I have arthritis of the hips and spine. Very painful. Steroid injections into the hip joints was not particularly successful and I am restricted on NSAIDs as they conflict with hypertension meds.
In desperation, I consulted a chiropractor. He crunched my bones for six sessions. Eureka! Pain relieved. Much better. Maybe worth a try. I take some NSAIDs and codeine, low dose.

I have arthritis of the hips and spine. Very painful. Steroid injections into the hip joints was not particularly successful and I am restricted on NSAIDs as they conflict with hypertension meds.
In desperation, I consulted a chiropractor. He crunched my bones for six sessions. Eureka! Pain relieved. Much better. Maybe worth a try. I take some NSAIDs and codeine, low dose.
Went to a chiropractor , bit disappointed to be told he’d done as much as he could , gave him my symptoms and sciatica was never mention

Went to a chiropractor , bit disappointed to be told he’d done as much as he could , gave him my symptoms and sciatica was never mention
Get a second opinion from an Osteopath.

I had terrible back problems from a slipped disk in the mid 90s and from being stabbed with a craft knife about a year before then in my sciatic nerve. Had about a dozen sessions of physio and the last time I went the chiropractor manipulated my spine by putting his knee on my lower back and wrenching my left shoulder. At least that's what I thought he did. The Initial yank was excruciating and all of a sudden my pain was gone. Good luck.

Is it possible to feel sciatica purely in the hamstring area ?
Had trouble for approx 8 months , thought it may be down to driving for a living and pressure of changing gear regularly
Been to a chiropractor and had an ultrasound on hamstrings , nothing showing up.
Did bit of a workout and yoga yesterday and it’s flared up a bit , it’s not painful more a tingle purely in the hamstring
I used to get similar pain on and off relating to my sciatic nerve from my coxix down to my hamstrings.

Read up a bit around it, as I hadn’t any back injuries or significant incidents that could have contributed, and it was likely caused by underactive glute muscles. Essentially, the muscles in my glutes were being compensated by my lower back and hamstrings working extra, causing tightness and pulling which aggravated the sciatic nerve.

Funnily enough, it came during the lockdown periods initially when I was at my most sedentary. A few key stretches such as the couch stretch and banana stretch relieved the pain on the days I felt it, and working on a few months of glute activation exercises seemed to do the trick in the end.

Hope you figure it out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.