Back to back Murray World title fights this weekend.

leighton

Starting tonight on Sky with Martin Murray fighting Felix Sturm. Hattons first fighter fighting for a World title. Last time out Sturm was a lucky lad to hold onto his belt against Mat Macklin even German tv gave Macklin the win. So he has a point to prove tonight. Think he might have too much for Murray tonight.

Then going into the early hours of Sunday morning John Murray fights Brandon Rios for the WBA Lightweight title in Madision Square in the US. This is a great chance for John Murray if he puts up a good preformance win or loose there will be people in the US wanting him on there shows. I would love to see him wining a World title but its a big ask. This is on Boxnation which is a £10 a month charge now.

good luck to both of the lads,both outsiders but both sound confident in there interviews.John Murray feels lucky to be given the chance and has changed alot of things in the build up,is it because Kevin Mitchell couldn't get a visa to fight in USA that Murray has been given the chance?

If it's in Germany (which it probably is) then Sturm will need to be knocked out to get a draw ;-).

John Murray ? Seriously needs to get himself out of this stupid mindset that he is a 'Warrior', you're not John, what he is though (or was) was a very skilled, smart and tough boxer, if he gets the mix right and back to his old ways then he stands a good chance of winning this for me, if not then over by round 7-8.

Great lads met both recently and they are enjoying the underdog tags.

Have a feeling Rios has underestimated John whilst Sturm is vulnerable but a massive step up in class.

Hope I'm wrong but I reckon Sturm will win on another dodgy points decision.

And John Murray will stop Rios in the Eighth round(god I hope I'm right)

I'm a John Murray fan, but I'd be very surprised to see him get past Rios; the guy is a bloody machine. After seeing what he did to Antillion and Acosta, I'm expecting a stoppage. Probably by the 6th round. Hope I'm wrong, though.

What he definitely shouldn't do is go toe to toe with Rios, because it'll be an early night for him. Looking forward to the Cotto-Margarito rematch, too!

Sturm on points and Rios by mid rds KO.

Chisora also fighting Helenius in Finland for a Euro belt tomorrow night. Helenius by points or late stoppage most prob.

leighton said:
Starting tonight on Sky with Martin Murray fighting Felix Sturm. Hattons first fighter fighting for a World title. Last time out Sturm was a lucky lad to hold onto his belt against Mat Macklin even German tv gave Macklin the win. So he has a point to prove tonight. Think he might have too much for Murray tonight.

Then going into the early hours of Sunday morning John Murray fights Brandon Rios for the WBA Lightweight title in Madision Square in the US. This is a great chance for John Murray if he puts up a good preformance win or loose there will be people in the US wanting him on there shows. I would love to see him wining a World title but its a big ask. This is on Boxnation which is a £10 a month charge now.

Come on Muzzer, our(sintelliner) very own first world champ, come on lad.

just heard Scott Quigg saying how John Murray is staying in the same hotel in New York as his opponent Brandon Rios,Murray goes down to the hotel gym for a run on the treadmill,he see's Rios on a treadmill and goes over shakes Rios' hand and starts running on the tredmill next to him,Rios didn't have a jar of glue who Murray was,sounds like Rios is being very complacent not knowing anything about his opponent,listening to what Steve Bunce had to say also makes me think Murray has got a decent chance

Just tuned in,for a top boxing weekend.Im looking forward to tonight but more so tomorrow.Karl Place a local lad,light welter weight fight against Steve Williams who if he wins will get a shot at the British Title v either Nigel Wright or Ashley Theopane who fight next week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.