Backup CM- Who would you play?

No disrespect to Norwich but why did we need a defensive midfielder? 4 across the back & yaya & milner dropping back when needed. Which with these 2 pushing forward through the middle. Would have given Norwich no time to settle. But plenty of time for Silva & Navas to work outside & cutting in. Then the front 2 may have been given better service. Milner when playing never goes missing. Unlike Garcia, Demichelis, Dzeko & a few more when its not working to plan. Yes we miss 3 of our main men. But the lads need to stand up & be counted. The last 2 games certain players have let us & themselves down.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
A... said:
Some people on here are absolutely clueless. Milner's passing was generally bang on today, he made tactical fouls to prevent counter attacks, linked well with Silva and created a great goalscoring opportunity for Dzeko to half-heartedly head wide. This system is prehistoric, but Milner's interpretation of his duties within it were spot on. If Fernandinho put in the same performance he'd be hailed a hero by the very people who are calling Milner out.

Absolute rubbish. Hope you're not aiming for 100+ posts.

Can only assume your analysis was based on the Match Of The Day highlights of the game, or you're seriously mentally challenged. Either way, please proceed in debunking my point with worthwhile analysis of Milner's performance (which consequently scored 7 or 8 in practically every player ratings inhe press)

Central midfield is a problem for us and has been for the past few seasons and really lacks depth in a position that is key to how a team plays.

We having one of the, if not the best strike force in the world, two amazing creative players in Nasri/Silva and Jovetic who can play as either.

Defence is lacking slightly with Lescott out of favour and Nastasic out of form but a quality CB and maybe cover at RB and we are sorted pretty much. The season we won the league our defence was one of the best in the league.

However when you look at our midfield options, although it has received investment it has been spent poorly and should be better, imo. Rodwell is permanently injured and signed for a previous style of play, he doesn't look like he fits into our new high pressing style and I don't see his potential being met. Garcia again not great although improving but for £16M a poor buy for a very limited player. After that we have Milner who always gives his all and can do multiple jobs but just isn't technical enough for the two CM roles we have, as a box to box he would be perfect in a midfield three, similar to how I think Rodwell would play best but Pelle seems to love his 442 and he is not suited to either of them.

With our current injury problems Milner is probably the best option due to his mobility and tenacity but unlike at Norwich I would prefer he plays deeper and Yaya pushed up further who is wasted playing so deep.

Give a chance for Rodwell. I think he will play tonight. Pellegrini said that until Fernandinho is fit, Yaya will play a more defensively role, so Rodwell needs to get a chance.

allyboy said:
Milner by a country mile.

Pellegrini has basically said Milner can't play holding role by virtue of him saying only Yaya can play there in the absence of Fernandinho and Garcia.

Loads of fans seem to think Milner is an expert midfielder. I don't see it. He had 1 good game there v Villa 2 years ago.

6one said:
allyboy said:
Milner by a country mile.

Pellegrini has basically said Milner can't play holding role by virtue of him saying only Yaya can play there in the absence of Fernandinho and Garcia.

Loads of fans seem to think Milner is an expert midfielder. I don't see it. He had 1 good game there v Villa 2 years ago.
agreed, if anyone knows where jimmy can play, its MP. the issue is that jimmy is probs the only one with the grit to cover fern, i seriously doubt rodders or garcia have what it takes to fill in , theres a shed load of responsibility that comes with filling in for fern, and tbh jimmy has the work ethic, but if MP says he cant, then he cant. its stick garcia in there and get ya pray mats out

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.