Baconface Rant (Merged)

Just read the article.

So not only did we take Tevez off them. We poached Adabayor from under his red nose too.

Good times.

Re: Adebayor was 'desperate' not to join City, claims Ferguson

gillymcfc said:
Looks like we could be heading for a season to remember - along with 2 hotly contested derbies

Come on Hughes get it right and dont retaliate

Just get JT, Lescott and Toure in the bag then Baconface may well resign
I just hope we turn up for the derbies this year!

In case you missed this (a collection of Fergie's sayings from the last couple of days before this latest):

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=132675" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=132675</a>

Manchester United can’t wage war with Man City
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/premiership/manchester-united-canrsquot-wage-war-with-man-city-14428550.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport ... 28550.html</a>

Friday, 24 July 2009

If it sounded like the admission of a battle lost, then David Gill's acknowledgement yesterday that Manchester United would not be competing with the salaries on offer at Manchester City was not meant to be one.

United's chief executive avoided the issue of whether the Premier League champions had the capability to match the dizzying figures on offer across town but the sobering truth for City is that they do not need to.

The figure waved under Samuel Eto's nose in June was £200,000 a week but he asked for more — effectively a £12.7 sign-on fee — then let it be known that he would still have signed for United for measurably less. When the £170,000 a week deal which took Emmanuel Adebayor to City was sealed, his people made inquiries as to United's interest.

Carlos Tevez only jumped ship because he couldn't face another year with the same Scottish manager. Such is the appeal of a side which has its place in football's pantheon, and doesn't just crave one.

City won't argue with that point. Mark Hughes has admitted several times in the past few weeks that values change when you're Manchester City.

Not only because the clubs selling to them drive the price up but because City are in a hurry and they can't afford Ferguson's luxury of buying the 18-year-old Da Silva twins (£3m) or even a 17-year-old Cristiano Ronaldo (£12.2m in 2003) and enjoy watching them developing on a relatively modest wage. It is what Gill was alluding to yesterday when he said stagflation wages like City's were not necessary when you are looking to “the medium and long term.” For United, the short term is sorted.

But the medium term is not. Estimates of how City will take to enter title contention differ greatly from player to player — Adebayor hopes a few years, Nigel de Jong suggested five in Durban this week — but there is no doubt that City will eventually come to the top table and offer stature as well as salaries.

That is when the essential difference in ownership will come to bear. United 's vast external debt — estimated at £666m — might be serviceable but interest payments of £43.3m a year don't lend themselves to paying John Terry monopoly money wages.

City's Abu Dhabi owners, meantime, are in this game for the long term and won't be going away. Their ambition is to build a brand which imbues the emiracy with honour and that fact is reflected in way they have been overhauling every aspect of City this summer — from the club's website to its training pitches and press facilities.

“With the sheer volume of our turnover, we can then attract the best players and retain our current players and pay them very good salaries,” Gill said yesterday. But will that still apply if the Ferguson succession proves difficult in a year or two? By which time Sheikh Mansour al Nahyan will have truly established a new kind of City salaries and the level of wage expectations from players has continued to rise as a result.

So while there is presently something vaguely vulgar in the arriviste City becoming the big spenders — deliverers, to be precise, of the largest annual wage bill for a first team squad in English football history, reaching £120m plus if they manage to sign John Terry (£200,000 a week) and Joleon Lescott (£120,000), surprisingly close to the £121m United laid out last season — it will not be considered as such in the future.

City's announcement yesterday of a friendly with Barcelona four games into the Premier League season underlines the elite side they already see themselves as — one which will have spent more than £619m on players this year if you throw in transfer fees. (Even with Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka, Real Madrid will spend about £500m on the same, between this summer and next.)

For a sense of the clubs and individuals who keep Ferguson awake at night, observe those for whom he reserves his venom. Rafael Benitez was last season's target, increasingly so as the season went on and Liverpool loomed over his shoulder like some plague. Expect serious vitriol from him for Manchester City in weeks to come.

Background- OBSESSED WITH CITY:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1201764/We-dont-need-spend-like-City-says-United-chief-Gill.html?ITO=1490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... l?ITO=1490</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jul/23/manchester-united-glazers-transfer-business" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009 ... r-business</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/football-in-wales/2009/07/22/alex-ferguson-ridicules-manchester-city-s-title-ambitions-91466-24210681/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -24210681/</a>

SIR ALEX FERGUSON has dismissed Mark Hughes’ hopes of landing major silverware this season, despite the former Wales manager’s incredible spending spree with mega-rich Manchester City.

Ferguson contemptuously dismissed any notion that Sparky’s new-look team could prove a threat to his Manchester United's Premier League title defence.
Instead, Ferguson hinted that Hughes has a big enough job simply trying to satisfy the egos of his glittering squad at Eastlands.

Hughes’ transfer cast list this summer has already included Carlos Tevez, Emmanuel Adebayor, Roque Santa Cruz and Gareth Barry.

Sparky also has to satisfy the likes of Wales skipper Craig Bellamy and Brazilian superstar Robinho, who will be expecting first team action.

Ferguson has watched agog like the rest of a startled football world this summer as Hughes’ City have splashed out millions in the pursuit of the Premier and Champions League dream..

But he said: “I am in charge of a football club that has the right philosophy.

“I have 76,000 watching my team in every home game. I shouldn’t really concern myself about another team in our own city, no matter what they do.”

Ferguson went on: “Given everything that has happened in the transfer market this summer, it is a different type of challenge we are facing.

“We are being challenged for the back pages. Manchester City are getting the stories
and they will hold that position for the rest of the season because there is a lot of interest in what they have done and a lot of speculation about whether it is going to work.

“But I cannot look at Manchester City as our main competitors. Liverpool and Chelsea are our main competitors. There is no doubt about that.

“It won't be easy for City to win anything, even with the players they have bought.

“They have purchased a lot of high profile players but they have 10 strikers. That is a heck of a lot.

“I have not spoken to every Premier League manager, but the one or two I have are saying ‘Who are they going to leave out?’

“How do you tell players they are not even going to be travelling to London? How does he pick a team? We are each interested”

Ferguson lost Cristiano Ronaldo this summer to Real Madrid in a world transfer record deal.

But he stated: “Real Madrid are different to Manchester City.

“They have an unusual culture of not really worrying about money because they can use their name to write off debt. No Spanish bank will close them down.

“Manchester City’s culture is about cash. It is about having money and using it.

“But I still see Chelsea and Liverpool as the main threats because they have the experience and they are consistent.

“They are hard to beat. That won’t change. But I can’t make up my mind about who is the better team. There is not much between them.

“Arsenal have the biggest job to do because they have sold Adebayor and don’t seem to have the money the rest have got.

“How Arsene Wenger develops his team will be his biggest test. The one thing we know about Arsenal is that they will play some of the best football you will see and they will create chances. They could easily re-establish themselves and challenge for the league again.

“We have won the title for the last three years and in the history of the English game no-one has won four.

“That tells you what a competitive league it is.

“Lyon won their league seven times in a row. Dynamo Kiev won nine, as have Celtic and Rangers. Dinamo Berlin 11 in the old East Germany.

“You will never get that in the English game.”

But Ferguson made it clear that if it’s not United again this season, he certainly doesn’t expect the other team from Manchester to emerge victorious.

Meanwhile Hughes says he is willing to wait for the right deal as he looks to put the finishing touches to his squad.

Hughes’ attempts to improve the City defence have so far been met with frustration as Chelsea insist John Terry is not for sale.

While Hughes admits he wants deals done as soon as possible, he will not rush unnecessarily.

“At the beginning of the season, we wanted the players in the building to start training, but we are prepared to wait,” he said.

“It is about giving the deal the opportunity to develop.

“We made a bid for John Terry, but we tried to keep it under the radar.

“Chelsea enabled the bid to enter the public domain and since I have been answering questions on the matter.”

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/8160068.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 160068.stm</a>

"For some reason they must have known that he was interested. I am sure there have been plenty of phone calls going on."

He just can't come to terms with the fact that we took one of his best players. He now realises the threat that we pose to Manure and hes trying to play mind games with Hughes and the players. Hopefully we can pip ManUre to a top 4 spot this season. I honestly can't see how there going to replace Ronaldo (30 goals a season) with Valencia (Not proven to score many goals) Nani (Useless wannabe Ronaldo) Owen (Perma crook) and Obertan a guy who played 325 minutes for Bordeaux last season and is out for the first three months of this season.) Goodbye Man Utd?

Dear Mr Ferguson

Altrincham are a small club as are FC United of Bury and thousands of other clubs I could mention including Falkirk, Ayr, East Stirling and Aberdeen. Please can you therefore confirm your definition of a small club and why you have spent the last 12 months only talking about one in particular. Is it because deep down you wish you had different owners or has your petrol allowance been stopped. I await your comments with baited breath and look forward to the day when you can admit that you have spent the last 25 years twisting the truth. Your most famous spin being 'I had stomach cramps your honour'.

At first i wanted to egg him, now i just think he's losing it.

Lying, whisky drinking, baconface, Taggert lookalike TW*T!!!

Everything that comes from that mans mouth is a lie or a twist of the truth!

"Tevez not worth 25 mill", yet he offered the same!
"Tevez was called and text sent many times" but Carlos said that was bullsh*t
"I'm not buying anymore players" then the day after he signs some no hoper!
"CITY are a small arrogant club" but last year he berates the fat Spanish waiter for saying the same about Eevrton!
"Adebayor wanted to sign for us" I await Ade's response, I would put money on it that was another lie!

Time to move over Taggert because CITY are here like it or not!!!

To be honest I would be shocked if his agent hadn't spoken to other clubs that might have had an interest, after all that's their job to see if the best offer is the one on the table. What baconface wants to hide is that goes on all the time with every major move, I'm sure IF we sign Terry at some point in the process the rags will get a call seeing if they are willing to match the offer, it doesn't mean anything other than that's just how it's done.

It is great at the moment!! I used to have to wait all week for City interview and then 30 secs would be repeated, then have to listen to the "top four" over and over again. Now all I have to do is listen to all the interviews no matter which manager in the world and I will here something about city - in the last 30 mins it has been Jose, f**k head, Harry, that Italian bloke Carlo and our new best friend Darren Lewis!! F**king great.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.