Bad news for non season ticket holders

ayia napa blues said:
this is not a go at ST holders if you read it properly I say am still going to go when I can but simply pointing out I personally dont think its fair for people on lower incomes to not have the chance to purchase the lower end tickets

I do have sympathy for those that can't afford season tickets. I had one from 1983 til 2006. Then redundancy stopped me renewing. (Luckily it was just the one season before I could renew) But it is just the way it is that the 'worst' seats are going to be the ones left over...

Lot of smugness and little sympathy shown to you from fellow Blues though uh?

The earlier you buy a ticket for a match, the better choice of seat you get. Simple as that. Do you think they should sell you a ticket a two weeks before a match and only offer you the very back row of the 3rd tier and then release the plum seats to the fans who buy tickets the day before the match? You'd be well pissed off.

kippaxwarrior said:
TBH i like Level 3 East/Colin Bell stand
Okay the atmostphere isnt the best BUT i think you get an excellent view of the game and you can see the changing tatics during the game
I went to 11 Prem games last year ALL in Level 3 and paid on average £33 per ticket
So thats £363 which is good value considering how much other teams charge

I know its a one off payment to get a seasoncard, but wouldn't it be worth paying the extra £100 and getting to see another 8 games? Maybe use interest free credit card - AA do one with no interest on purchases until July 2011.

kippaxwarrior said:
TBH i like Level 3 East/Colin Bell stand
Okay the atmostphere isnt the best BUT i think you get an excellent view of the game and you can see the changing tatics during the game
I went to 11 Prem games last year ALL in Level 3 and paid on average £33 per ticket
So thats £363 which is good value considering how much other teams charge
I agree about the view from the 3rd tier. I had my season ticket there when we first moved in, as I was in the Kippax at Maine Road, and I thought the view at COM was brilliant. I bought a season ticket again this year, and was happy to get block 304.

Corky said:
DIGSY said:
Thats the way it is now, and thats the way it will be.
You cant expect to have a few seats reserved in the south for supporters that want to pick and choose for whatever the reason may be.
At least there are tickets, should be happy with that at least.

They stopped doing this around 2006 or 2007. The South Stand is sold out, and was last year too.
Thats the point i was trying to make Corky, The best seats go in a flash so you have to try and get the next best and so on.
Im happy just to have ticket but do feel bad for those that have struggled with the cost.

There are no "crap views" in our stadium. In fact top of the third tier is a fantastic view.

I think a ST holder has a right to choose their seat if they're paying full price. If there's demand to fill entire blocks of evel tiers of our stadium, a potential ST holder should not be prevented from choosing their location on the off chance a non ST holder will have more variety to choose from when they can make it.

I think it's right that ST holders get priority.

The 'worst' view is front row imo, there is no ense of depth to the pitch, but even then give me CoMS front row over any seat they give us at Anfield/Goodison etc

Wow yes some Blues are really tough on others! Unfortunately I think it is going to be very tough to get decent tickets if you are not a ST holder going forward. Even worse for anyone who lives out of town and is trying to get to games when they can. Until they extend the Stadium that is.
Demand to see the City play is going to expand expnentially in the next couple of years.

foolsgold* said:
although it states that those stands are sold out.. that is just the season ticket allocation. there is a percentage in each stand which is not season ticket and allowed to be purchased each match day..

It has always been like that.

No it hasn't the South Stand is all Season ticket as long as they sell out every year.

DIGSY said:
Corky said:
They stopped doing this around 2006 or 2007. The South Stand is sold out, and was last year too.
Thats the point i was trying to make Corky, The best seats go in a flash so you have to try and get the next best and so on.
Im happy just to have ticket but do feel bad for those that have struggled with the cost.

Sorry I meant to quote foolsgold* regrding the change in seat selling policy.

ayia napa blues said:
Been speaking to the ticket office and from looking at the new on line ticket system it does'nt look good for people like me that cant get to every game for work or cost reasons.

Apparently there are no seats availble behind either goal, nothing on the second level so all that is left, is the first few rows of the colin bell and east stand and the back back few rows of the third tier. So the most expensvie seats with the crapest views.

Not really very good value paying £40 quid to sit at the back of the third tier to watch teams like blackburn , o well suppose should not complain il still go when I can but club does risk upsetting a lot of fans.

Sorry mate but what the fuck?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.