Bale surpasses Messi and Ronaldo

Pigeonho said:
I give Bale credit where it's due. I was genuinely convinced he was a one-season wonder like Ireland, and that he would go back to being below average. He isn't though, he is a fantastic player so the question is, to who do we give credit for turning a shit left-back who was on the verge of joining Forest a few seasons ago, to being one of the best players in the league?

Is it all down to Twitcher?

While i appreciate bale is a good player just look at reus stats in the same time period plus doing it in the champions league and you'll see what a nonsense this rumoured fee is, he is a 50m player if that and im not fishing, i just think he is a good player but not to the extent that people are swooning over him.

mancboy123 said:
Pigeonho said:
I give Bale credit where it's due. I was genuinely convinced he was a one-season wonder like Ireland, and that he would go back to being below average. He isn't though, he is a fantastic player so the question is, to who do we give credit for turning a shit left-back who was on the verge of joining Forest a few seasons ago, to being one of the best players in the league?

While i appreciate bale is a good player just look at reus stats in the same time period plus doing it in the champions league and you'll see what a nonsense this rumoured fee is, he is a 50m player if that and im not fishing, i just think he is a good player but not to the extent that people are swooning over him.
'Good' players don't go for £50m, so by suggesting that as a fee you are already saying he is better than just 'good'. I don't believe he's anywhere near Messi and Ronaldo, but he's certainly in that bracket below those two, imo.

Blue Haze said:
I think he's picking up references from Christian Bale and others with Gareth.

"Gareth Bale" = 9.21m results
"Lionel Messi" = 35.2m results
"Cristiano Ronaldo" = 68.3m results

The one that surprised me was Messi compared to Ronaldo, though I suppose Ronaldo leads a far more public off-field life.

In fairness, the Messi/Ronaldo difference makes sense as well since references would have to use "Cristiano Ronaldo" to distinguish him from other Ronaldos, but Lionel Messi would come up as just Messi most of the time,
meaning that a search for "Lionel Messi" should return a lot less then "Cristiano Ronaldo"

stiofanob said:
Blue Haze said:
I think he's picking up references from Christian Bale and others with Gareth.

"Gareth Bale" = 9.21m results
"Lionel Messi" = 35.2m results
"Cristiano Ronaldo" = 68.3m results

The one that surprised me was Messi compared to Ronaldo, though I suppose Ronaldo leads a far more public off-field life.

In fairness, the Messi/Ronaldo difference makes sense as well since references would have to use "Cristiano Ronaldo" to distinguish him from other Ronaldos, but Lionel Messi would come up as just Messi most of the time,
meaning that a search for "Lionel Messi" should return a lot less then "Cristiano Ronaldo"

I'm not too up on online searches so might be way off but Ronaldo has been transferred twice in his career so there would be online articles about that, perhaps not 33million worth but you get the idea.

Pigeonho said:

I was the same. Thought he was a one season wonder and threw my hands up when he proved me wrong. His game is based around his pace though and I think he'll peak earlier than most. I'd be very surprised if he maintained this level until his 30's, but I could see Messi doing that injuries and fitness permitting. A bit similar to Torres who was also hugely reliant on his pace.

bluetrue said:
kiam06 said:
Am I missing something with Bale he's an injury prone welsh kid who's had one decent season but misses 40% of games due to injury and people are talking of 90m?

If City offered 25m for him I'd feel we were paying too much not understanding this hype one bit.

This is one of the silliest things I've read on bluemoon. People not recognising Bale as a world class talent obviously haven't watched him play much.
Unbelievable the world really has gone mad.

Gareth Bale 95m......95m and I'm being told I'm talking rubbish.

bluetrue said:
kiam06 said:
Am I missing something with Bale he's an injury prone welsh kid who's had one decent season but misses 40% of games due to injury and people are talking of 90m?

If City offered 25m for him I'd feel we were paying too much not understanding this hype one bit.

This is one of the silliest things I've read on bluemoon. People not recognising Bale as a world class talent obviously haven't watched him play much.
I understand you not freeing with the guy you've quoted, but I for one don't actually get how anyone can class Bale as world class - there is no proof. I'd have him at City in a heartbeat, but he's not world class yet.

malg said:
bluetrue said:
kiam06 said:

I understand you not freeing with the guy you've quoted, but I for one don't actually get how anyone can class Bale as world class - there is no proof. I'd have him at City in a heartbeat, but he's not world class yet.
There is no doubt Bale is a exciting and talented player and very good at what he does, but for me world class players are marked out by their consistency.
If he can reproduce last seasons form again this coming season then i think you would have to consider him potentially world class but as it is now i think most people are being sucked in by the hype. We could be looking back at the end of next season wondering what all the fuss was about.Wait and see, time will tell.

He is a quality player, very direct but world class? The hype is ridiculous, he has had one outstanding season where he was the standout player in an above average team.

For every game I have watched him and thought "he was shit hot today" I have watched him be completely ordinary in another, he is miles behind the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Ibra, Inesta ect.

85m for Bale defies logic, unless their are millions of people in the far east waiting in anticipation for a shirt with the name of a fuck ugly welsh lad on it and large companies are dying to have a bloke who looks like a product of a love affair twix a woman and a chimpanzee be the new face of their product.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.