Bale's La Liga boast

Course he is completely right. The Spanish league is streets ahead of the Premiership. The Gulf between City and some of the sides lower down is completely embarrassing.

The old 'outside the top two' argument does not stand water either. Three of the last four in the Champs league were from Spain. Seville won the UEFA (having finished 5th in Spain) Valencia reached the semi finals (Finished Ninth in Spain). So out of the last 8 teams left in Europe's competitions five were from Spain. How many from England?

We could also throw in that Malaga who finished ninth in the league and reached the quarter finals the year before.

The Premier League wouldn't get the ball off the La Liga teams. Remember Bilbao dominating United a couple of years ago?

The Premier League is more entertaining but La Liga is higher quality.

Bluewonder said:
The Premier League wouldn't get the ball off the La Liga teams. Remember Bilbao dominating United a couple of years ago?

Completely agree. The standard of Spanish players in comparison to their English counterparts is light years apart. I am not sure the Premiership is more entertaining either. The top games possibly but that could be because we have a personal interest, I would definitely rather watch a technical game involving to Spanish sides near the bottom of La liga playing football on the deck rather than Allardyce v Pulis head tennis.

Bluewonder said:

I remember that game, but that was more of a case of Bilbao being hugely motivated and playing the game of their lives.

It's routine for FCB, RM & AM to win every weekend, except when they play each other

Marvin said:
Bluewonder said:

I remember that game, but that was more of a case of Bilbao being hugely motivated and playing the game of their lives.

It's routine for FCB, RM & AM to win every weekend, except when they play each other

Besides the fact the Champions of Europe Real Madrid only managed three more points than Liverpool in this 'weaker league'.

Yes that was a great performance by Bilbao shame they lost in a final to a .......Spanish team. Teams from this 'weaker league' certainly keep popping up in finals

Marvin said:
Bluewonder said:

Yep, you have a point, but they were also technically better.

Those teams dominating is more of a sign of how bloody good they are, rather than a reflection of the rest of the league being poor. After all, those three (& Bayern) have dominated Europe over the last 3/4 years.

franksinatra said:
Course he is completely right. The Spanish league is streets ahead of the Premiership. The Gulf between City and some of the sides lower down is completely embarrassing.

The old 'outside the top two' argument does not stand water either. Three of the last four in the Champs league were from Spain. Seville won the UEFA (having finished 5th in Spain) Valencia reached the semi finals (Finished Ninth in Spain). So out of the last 8 teams left in Europe's competitions five were from Spain. How many from England?

We could also throw in that Malaga who finished ninth in the league and reached the quarter finals the year before.

Pretty much spot on and very logical. Cannot argue with all the evidence. Bale is right to say what he said.

That being said I prefer the English style football. Shoot me, but even though it's less effective I do like less technical, less tactical, all hands to the pump style of football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.