Bale's La Liga boast

Crouchinho said:
I make him spot on, it's been that way for a while now. I'm not sure why it offends people so much. The best of the best want to move to Spain unless they have been there already. La Liga is the best quality, Premier League can be the most entertaining, German league is the most efficient and the Scottish league is the worst in the whole world

The best of the best want to move to 2 clubs in Spain, not the league in general. Until they develop a 3rd team that can retain a couple of world class players long term, I see little reason to watch many games not involving the Barca or Real.

As an aside, it's rather obvious why the prem is the foreign league of interest in the states and elsewhere, but what led it to dominate Asia so emphatically?

Bale is an absolute bellend. That advert he does for BT Sport, "I've had to make a lot of tough decisions in my life... Southampton, Spurs" bla bla bla. Bollocks. Southampton took you on as a youngster, that wasn't tough. Spurs bid decent money and offered an increase in wages and a higher level of football, that wasn't tough. Real fucking dwarfed anything paid before... again not tough.

As for La Liga being better... bollocks. Outside three clubs it is shite. Unless Atletico invest well they will probably drop off a lot anyway. An all star team from both countries would be more star studded from La Liga (Bale wouldn't get into the first 11) but in terms of overall quality and La Liga being more entertaining that is bollocks. If you want to watch them win every game 5-0 because they have spent a thousand times more than the club they are playing then fine. But the Prem gives you games like Liverpool being 3-0 up and drawing with Palace. Much more entertaining.

malg said:
Messi and Ronaldo would get nowhere near their current goal tallies if they were in our league, as it is vastly more competitive. Both are ridiculously over hyped, and most of their coverage is based on sponsors interests (hence Messi winning player of the tournament at the World Cup). This, and only this, is why he has said what he has - sponsors, sponsors, sponsors. Well played Gareth.

sorry but this comment is so ignorant. Did you forget that ronaldo scored 42 goals in one season when he was at the rags when he was only 23 ?and he was still a winger back then and also the bpl was arguebly better defensively then. Like sir alex said ronaldo is a much better player now than he was then. I'm more than confident that he would score 35-40 at least in the bpl. Also why wouldn't messi score lots in the bpl? Have you forgotten that he scored 4 in 1 game against arsenal? If barca and real were in our league they would dominate as well. The only teams who would stand half a chance against them are us and possibly chelski and lets be honest we saw how we did against "the worst barca team in years".

Bale is a truly gifted player, love to have him at City, he's wrong though of course, aside from the top 3 or 4 teams, there is little or no competition in La Liga, the PL whilst similar when looking at who can win the title, is vastly superior when it comes to the amount of competitive teams and the ability of the lower ranked teams to beat the top 4 !

Also you have to look at the entertainment value too, I have watched a lot of the La Liga games and when it comes to action and enjoyment, in the main they do not come close to the PL.

i would say quality wise la liga wins and they do have the best players in the world. but the premier league is more competitive.

Using European success can't really judge how tough a league is.

If the league is easier, teams will go further in Europe because they don't have tough domestic games to think about (As much as English teams). They also have a winter break, which makes players fresher than ours in the knock out phases of the CL. We don't take the Europa league seriously in this country, whereas they do, hence why teams getting to the semi's of that competition finish around 9th in the league there.

There league has two teams that are better than any of ours, but if all 40 teams played in one massive league I don't think the lower table sides would be able to handle our physicality and pace.

everythingchangesbutblue said:
BigOscar said:
everythingchangesbutblue said:
The truth is is that far more people worldwide would rather watch the premier league than any other league, its not even close. Thats the proof for which is better.
True, the most popular is always the best. One Direction and Justin Bieber shit all over Oasis,.
thats kids music and it does'nt sell as much as you seem to think. The biggest bands will far outsell them in albums like (ugh) Coldplay. And Oasis sold huge amounts untill they started to just make the same album everytime.

Coldplay are boss.

It's not about individual players, it's about teams. Dortmund has how many players that would get into the Real Madrid team? Yet twice in recent memory Dortmund has given Madrid a hammering.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.