Ball boys need training

Just seemed to me that we only played with the match ball, normally when a ball goes out, ballboy already has a ball to give player, then goes get the original ball so he's ready again next time it goes out near him.
Same behind the goal, normally when a shot blazes over the bar from distance, Hart has a fresh ball in his hands within seconds and has goalkick taken very quickly.
Pretty sure the Premier League doesn't use the multi-ball system. What you're describing only happens in European games.

Multi ball was banned when Moyes used it until Everton got a goal in front and then took away all the balls to slow the game down.

They aren't the quickest, but even when we get the ball we seem to take an age to take the throw. Wherever it's from the right side or left, we rarely look for a quick throw, instead we wait for the opposition team to get back behind the ball before throwing it down the line, more in hope than anything else.

This has been annoying me for some time and yesterday highlighted the need to have lads that can do the job properly. .Does anyone else feel the same? Even the players were getting frustrated joe hart ran 50 yards to throw the ball down the line at one point as the ball boy was very slow in getting to the ball.. it was a bit of a double whammy yesterday west ham wasting time and our ball boys doing the same.
Agreed.

You're the one that's being ridiculous, thinking that people are blaming the entire defeat on the ball boys. They're not. They're merely highlighting them as being incompetent. Which they are.

Fuck me they are young lads you utter wanker.

Those who don't think it makes a difference are wrong. They may well be young lads so give the job to older lads. Small margins make big differences. Read either or both of Clive Woodward or Dave Brailsford's books. You should be looking to get every tiny detail right and this includes ball boys who are slow to retrieve the ball or can't vault the boards.
You can "shake your head slowly" or call people wankers but they are right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.