"Ball in play" times in the Premier League

Should football change system to the "60 minute stop clock"

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If it is to guarantee at least 60 minutes of ball in play action, then absolutely. Besides the fact that it would help us against the cloggers of the league, as paying fans we've been taken for mugs for years, each year a little more, with football costing more and matches offering less actual playing time.

I can understand time wasting tactics occasionally, but the is a way to do it and a way to just be anti football. Keep the ball safe, make space, play football. Not this feigning injury, 50 seconds to take a throw in, and so on.

Plus address the whole joke of an unspoke rule that you can only apparently be done for time wasting after the 75th minute? Teams frequently rock up at the eithad and avoid playing football, namely by not having the ball in play, until they go behind. Then ironically it's ederson who gets a booking for taking more than ten seconds to take a goal kick in the 88th minute because the opposition are chasing the game and moaning like hell to the referee.

I'd even have var advising the ref on goal kicks, anything over 30 seconds from the point the ball is in possession of the keeper, be that in his hands or at his feet, and it's a yellow.

If we already average over 60 minutes, then this wouldn't help us at all! That figure already includes all the time wasting against us, not just to run the clock down, but to give the opposition a breather. I can't see how this would help with that.

Make it 80 minutes, like in rugby and I could see us winning the league for years to come!

If we already average over 60 minutes, then this wouldn't help us at all! That figure already includes all the time wasting against us, not just to run the clock down, but to give the opposition a breather. I can't see how this would help with that.

Make it 80 minutes, like in rugby and I could see us winning the league for years to come!

What it will do is speed the game up on the pitch because time wasting would be a wast of time.

Yes. A neutral watching extra time like ours the other night is not entertained. No reason for not doing it. Only thick people who don’t understand time disagree with it

If the yanks get their way the PL will do it with a 30 minute pre match time show by some no mark ****.

If we made it 80 minutes with a stop clock, the Etihad would have fifteen fans left in by the final whistle.

Night games would finish at about 23:30.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.