Ballon d'Or 2023 | Haaland finishes 2nd

Yeah, cause they lost when he wasn't there and when he couldn't play for injuries or International duties. XD

Miamia literally was the worst MLS without Messi and the best with him. I know it is the MLS, but to have that kind of impact on football is pretty remarkable, no matter the level.
I'd be the best player in my kids 7 yo football

Yeah, cause they lost when he wasn't there and when he couldn't play for injuries or International duties. XD

Miamia literally was the worst MLS without Messi and the best with him. I know it is the MLS, but to have that kind of impact on football is pretty remarkable, no matter the level.
Whatever, he's been the best player in the world for over a decade, but in the last year, no not for me, despite winning the WC.

Don't take that negatively, but he just didn't deserve it this year, and I agree with others that Alvarez had a better WC, though strangely enough that wasn't actually "this year" it was Autumn/early winter 2022 - finished 18th December.

Sorry, but I can't take that comment seriously. Julian is my favourite player but he was nowhere close to Messi on that WC. No one was. You are just being emotionally dishonest.

P/S: that Argentina team being bad besides Maradona is pure ignorance. That NT had the base of the Libertadores and World Club's champions and some of the grestest Argentine players ever (Ruggeri, Burruchaga, Batista, Valdano, etc.)
Climb out of his arse for a while and look around. Apart from the Ronaldo fanboys (and the French), everyone wanted Messi to win a World Cup and he's been given this award for the same sentimental reasons. He chickened out of a challenge when he went to PSG and is now dragging his legacy out, but fair play to him, he's made some extra cash, presumably tax free (again).

But best player in the world in the last year? He wasn't even the best player in the World Cup final

I too find them interesting but for different reasons. Nobody votes for their top 30, It's top 5 which means for every single player in the top 30, at least 1 person had them in their top 5.

I just cannot imagine how a large portion of that top 30 get into anybodies top 5. Not to single him out as this can be applied to a lot if not most of them but who are the people who think Yassine Bounou was in the top 5 players on the world last season? They shouldn't have a job in the football industry with opinions like that.
I just figure people vote for their top 3-4 and their last choice is their personal fave or something.

The Guardian list is also interesting in this regard as they rank 100, but I think the voters choose 40 or so?

I do feel like after a top 10-20 it’s hard to see any meaningful difference between the players. They’ve all done something good - it’s just everyone weights that “good” differently. For example, a lot of people thought Dias should have been higher than Joško - or Stones in place of Joško. But you could make a solid list of accomplishments for all 3, it’s just different. You’d almost rather see them rank the top few and then everyone else is just a “nominee.” But ultimately, even being 30th is pretty incredible.

Whatever, he's been the best player in the world for over a decade, but in the last year, no not for me, despite winning the WC.

Don't take that negatively, but he just didn't deserve it this year, and I agree with others that Alvarez had a better WC, though strangely enough that wasn't actually "this year" it was Autumn/early winter 2022 - finished 18th December.
Everything after December was worthless. No point in even extending the criteria after that. Five and a half months footballing achievements ignored, thank you very much.
* Actually closer to six and a half months from the WC final, ignored*

Last edited:
Not sure if already mentioned, but bbc website has zero pictures of City or Haaland from Ballon D'or 23, as far as I can see.

Pictures of all other main winners.

Deserves a mass complaint in my opinion

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.