Ballon d'Or 2023 | Haaland finishes 2nd

For me, it is fair. Messi is the best player ever, and he had a really good year and won the most important title to his historic career. Personally, for me:

Best players in the world: Rodri/Mbappe, and then KDB.
Players that I would sign to build a winning project around: Rodri and Mbappe.
Players with the best individual stats: Haaland, Mbappe.
Players that won the most being important: Rodri, KDB, Haaland, Messi, and to a lesser extent, Alvarez.

He won trophies with 3 different teams. Best WC ever. Historic 20/20 season in France. Won a tittle with the worst team in the MLS. Had more goal contributions than Haaland. He wasn't shite at all.
didn’t he go to the usa after the season finished in europe?

The rest of the Argentina side in 86 was bobbins. The closest I've seen to someone carrying a team to a World Cup since was Baggio in 94.

Alavarez had a better World Cup than Messi and it would have been a lot more comfortable for them if they'd realised he was better than Martinez earlier on. If it's just about the World Cup, Mbappe should have won it. Messi was average by his standards for PSG and has spent half the year since in retirement.

An award given on sentimentality
Sorry, but I can't take that comment seriously. Julian is my favourite player but he was nowhere close to Messi on that WC. No one was. You are just being emotionally dishonest.

P/S: that Argentina team being bad besides Maradona is pure ignorance. That NT had the base of the Libertadores and World Club's champions and some of the grestest Argentine players ever (Ruggeri, Burruchaga, Batista, Valdano, etc.)

That's really stretching things a bit, and does your agument not a lot of good, they actually finished 2nd bottom in the league over 34 games.
Yeah, cause they lost when he wasn't there and when he couldn't play for injuries or International duties. XD

Miamia literally was the worst MLS without Messi and the best with him. I know it is the MLS, but to have that kind of impact on football is pretty remarkable, no matter the level.

It feels like Ballon d'or and important refereeing decisions are made the same way. In both cases they approach it looking for any way to rule against City.

who would have thought little City would have so many players up for this award back in the old days. Tremendous effort the guys put in.

This a parody right? The MLS trophy was a four team tournament or something shite like that wasn’t it? Haha! Winning the league with PSG? Whoop de fucking woo.
No, it was an international trophy vs Mexican teams with a group stage. Round of 16, quarters, semis and a Final.

PSG lost the league in the sesson prior to Messi getting there. City has a bigger dominance in England than PSG in France.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.