Ballon d'Or 2023 | Haaland finishes 2nd

The whole Ballon d’Or thing seems a mystery to me, OK we did well this year, but it is clear Messi won through sentiment alone, like someone said, If Haaland didn’t deserve it, then if the Workd Cup was a factor the award should surely have gone to Alvarez who won the treble and the World Cup in less than 6 months. It is a political thing, which is why I don’t bother watching it, just like the Oscars, the Baftas etc

Lets not start talking absolute fucking bollocks here. Messi played 39 games for PSG last year, he got 40 goals and assists and 17 MotM awards along with the highest average match rating on whoscored in Europe.

Yes 40, goals and assists. Which is not even the top for his own club, heck Mbappe had 51. Haaland had 62. It is a gulf! The numbers were on the screen yesterday. Kevin De Bruyne had 41!

He won it because he lifted the world cup, and the romance of a glorious career as a whole. He by no means had a terrible season, but he doesn't really compare to the other big players, for his club.

This is a popularity contest. Who gives a fuck. Everyone knows Messi got it because he is Messi, and not because of his achievements over the last 12 months.

It's funny just seen City had 5 players in the top 10.
Yet this morning on bbc breakfast news, no mention of this , well apart from Haaland was runner up. No mention we won team of the year or Haaland won another/different award. But they did mention a Spanish woman won the female Ballon d'Or , and 5 (I think) Lionesses in the top 10, with "Manchester Utd's" Mary Earps coming 5th, and Beth Mead finished 3rd !
Still something for utd and their promotional arm BBC Sport , cheer about !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.